Optics: THIS St Louis couple from the gated community

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Optics: THIS St Louis couple from the gated community

Post by bignflnut »

Can we please NOT do this?!

A Karen with her left hand on her hip? (and probably terrible trigger discipline)

A pink polo wearing "dude" who doesn't understand how to shoulder a long gun?

Both barefoot?! with all of 40 rounds ready to be misapplied?

Give me back the good ol boys in beards and jeans, or leather with shotguns and knives.

If guns are going to be vilified, can we please have people looking like they might have a clue what to do with them?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Hyflyer

Re: Optics: THIS St Louis couple from the gated community

Post by Hyflyer »

Yes, it wasn't pretty. An F- performance BUT, I do appreciate their will to defend their private property!
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Their message got out and many took heed of it. Yes, poor representation and what gun does she have, a Lorcin .380? Any spare magazines between them?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

A white couple who stood outside their St. Louis mansion and pointed guns at protesters support the Black Lives Matter movement and don’t want to become heroes to those who oppose the cause, their attorney said Monday.

Video posted online showed Mark McCloskey, 63, and his 61-year-old wife, Patricia, standing outside their Renaissance palazzo-style home Sunday night in the city’s well-to-do Central West End neighborhood as protesters marched toward the mayor’s home to demand her resignation. He could be heard yelling while holding a long-barreled gun. His wife stood next to him with a handgun.

Mark McCloskey told KMOV-TV that he and wife, who are personal injury lawyers, were facing an “angry mob” on their private street and feared for their lives Sunday night.
*Shocked*

Don't worry Mark and Pat, you're not heroes to me.
Welcome to the Othering, though.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Don't see anything wrong with them defending their property other than they could use some training. 2A isn't restricted to those that have a specific level of training. Don't we as a community specifically fight against those laws ?

"a large group of subjects forcefully break an iron gate marked with ‘No Trespassing’ and ‘Private Street' signs,”
a second Facebook Live video taken later shows the right gate door bent and broken on the ground.
Twenty seconds after several protesters made their way through the gate, the video shows Mark McCloskey exiting his house with a long rifle, yelling at protesters to leave the private street.
Once through the gate, (the McCloskeys) advised the group that they were "on a private street and trespassing and told them to leave," according to police. The couple told police the group began yelling obscenities and threatened to harm them.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
High Power

Post by High Power »

The message that we, as a gun community, need to emphasize is that the 2nd amendment is for everyone. It should not matter whether the person holding the weapon looks like a clown or not.

The firearm is the great equalizer; whether you are wearing a pink polo shirt or barefoot.

Let's rewind the video for a different way of looking at this situation. No before we replay the video let's look at this with all the violence that the anarchists have spawned, the property damage, peoples businesses destroyed, people hurt and killed as the backdrop.

The McCloskey's didn't know what these not-so-peaceful protesters (rioters) were up to. Whatever it was, it was not good for anyone in that gated community.

Now let's play the video again but instead of the McCloskeys pointing weapons at these scum bags they are pointing their fingers and telling them to get out.

Do we really need much of an imagination to determine what would have happened to the McCloskeys if all they had were their fingers to point?

It's true their was a lot of poor weapons handling and bad trigger discipline. Yet the lesson to be learned if that the McCloskeys didn't lose their lives or their home.

I've had to point my gun a some bad people before and at the end of the day, I was alive. I've been in a lot of fist fights and I can tell you that it's a lot easier to diffuse a situation when you (the good guy) has a gun.

The people that started the problem weren't the McCloskeys, it was the jerks that trespassed and terrorized them.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

High Power wrote:The message that we, as a gun community, need to emphasize is that the 2nd amendment is for everyone. It should not matter whether the person holding the weapon looks like a clown or not.

The firearm is the great equalizer; whether you are wearing a pink polo shirt or barefoot.
This. Do I think the optics could have better? Sure do. But, he did what many won't and wouldn't do...he put his money where his mouth is. And his wife? She armed up and stood by him. How many wives would do that?

Would I prefer to see a couple better trained and who had better firearms discipline? Yes. But that's not the point.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

sodbuster95 wrote:
High Power wrote:The message that we, as a gun community, need to emphasize is that the 2nd amendment is for everyone. It should not matter whether the person holding the weapon looks like a clown or not.

This. Do I think the optics could have better? Sure do. But, he did what many won't and wouldn't do...he put his money where his mouth is. And his wife? She armed up and stood by him. How many wives would do that?

Would I prefer to see a couple better trained and who had better firearms discipline? Yes. But that's not the point.
I agree with both of you. The image they project connects with the average middle class home owner much more then if they were out there all kited up in BDUs and plate carriers.
JEaton

Post by JEaton »

Here is one of the first interviews with the homeowner.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local ... 0d40a89e78

JLE
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

sodbuster95 wrote:

Points to the wife, yes, for being willing to show up and look the part. However, if she doesn't know what she's doing, why would he ask her to be in that position? They're both ill prepared to do what needs to be done, but brandishing/posing is something they can accomplish.

These two are all over media now, stating that the mob was 300 large. Before you rush off to watch the movie "300", realize that even if each round landed a fatal blow, they may have been able to deal with 10% of the mob. --Is that the point?

I don't want random brandishing on the concrete steps of a gated community. I want people who are willing to actually defend their own castles, defend their communities (shops, churches, banks, etc), and take this fight seriously as it comes to them.

We will all be made to choose, soon enough. We wonder if the current "aggressors" have the fortitude to continue, even if they have the numbers....this mob was not.

Just as with the "COVID crisis" they're attempting to trick us into voluntary capitulation. We need a spirit of Defiance.
Defiance is named for Fort Defiance, constructed in 1794 by General “Mad” Anthony Wayne, who was sent to subdue the Indians and end British influence in the area. It was the strongest fortification he had built during his campaigns against the Indians. Wayne is reported to have said: “I defy the English, the Indians, and all the devils in Hell to take it.” To which General Scott replied, “Then call it Fort Defiance.”
In this spirit, I commend the McCloskey's.

Now they're fighting in the media, because they're lawyers. They're nothing like us commoners. In due time posing and media battles will be meaningless.

Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Still waiting for the St. Louis Prosecutor Kimberly Gardner, the one that released all the protesters a few weeks back, to decide what she is going to charge the couple with.

Also wonder how the criminal investigation into her office is progressing.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

We are real glad we live in rural Ohio. Not perfect but can't pull up stakes and go anywhere else right now.
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
nurkvinny

Post by nurkvinny »

Good for that couple. They're the law abiding citizens in this scenario. Changing wardrobe and putting on shoes isn't always an option as your property is being invaded.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

I hope they seek training for improved firearm handling but.....

I AM 100% GLAD THEY ARE GUN OWNERS, BEARERS, AND USERS.
I 100% SUPPORT THEIR SHOW OF FORCE TO SAVE THEIR PROPERTY.

A pink shirt and khakis are going to be my new range attire. Just add sandals.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

The "Spartacists" are inching inexorably toward their Rosa Luxemburg moment. It will doubtless come as a nasty surprise to them and no one else.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.