Labradar

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

suedenflames68

Labradar

Post by suedenflames68 »

Got out to range today. Bullet ranch indoor range in pataskala. Labradar worked beautifully. Only missed a couple shots out of about 200 fired.(and that could have been douple taps. Think it takes a second or two to reset for next shot) Took a whole whopping 2 minutes to set it up. Definitely happy with the purchase.

Guy right next to us was doing mag dumps for a bit and it picked up a couple of his shots somehow. I turned the chronograph just slightly from his direction and it didn't do it anymore and still picked up our shots just fine.

Forgot to bring 22 ammo so only tested with center fire. Shot 380, 9mm, 38special, 45acp, and 454casull.

Still need to go back through the data and record the info into my reloading notebooks but definitely had some suprises in velocities for my handloads.

My 230gr fmj 45 load is in squib worry territory I think...about 600fps or so....although I've fired probably a couple thousand of that exact load at this point through several 1911s without issue.

My wife's little glock 380 wouldn't function with anything less than my hottest loads. Just below max power pistol 90gr xtp loads at about 980fps had it working 100% tho. Was hotter than the hornady factory defense ammo that was about 930ish if I remember right. Regular range ammo and my plinking reloads at about 800fps made it a single shot pistol. Wouldn't even kick out the case most times.

Guess I'm starting to drift to the handloading part of the forum so I wont get too off track here. Haha. I'll probably do some posts about some of the results I got over there.

Labradar worked great though and is super easy to set up. Kinda pricey, but if limited to an indoor range like I am most of the time, its basically the only solution I saw. Really cant think of anything bad to say about it except the $$$.

James
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Labradar

Post by JustaShooter »

suedenflames68 wrote:My wife's little glock 380 wouldn't function with anything less than my hottest loads. Just below max power pistol 90gr xtp loads at about 980fps had it working 100% tho. Was hotter than the hornady factory defense ammo that was about 930ish if I remember right. Regular range ammo and my plinking reloads at about 800fps made it a single shot pistol. Wouldn't even kick out the case most times.
Thanks for the gear report, I've been looking at a Labradar so this is a timely post.

BTW, was your wife shooting the .380 or were you? Just curious, because when we were testing guns for my wife I found two that would FTE/FTF for her consistently, but *never* when I fired it. Has to be a limp wrist/technique issue but I couldn't see it when I watched her shoot.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
suedenflames68

Post by suedenflames68 »

That's what I thought was happening, but after a couple "let me see that things"s and me gripping it like I was ready to fire the snubnose casull, I dont think it was weak grip causing it.

Was really odd. I've never experienced a glock malfunction consistently like that. Only time I ever had a problem with one was my g17 that was my neglected nightstand gun, that hadn't been cleaned in a few years :? Even it only had one or two malfunctions when I took it to the range after sitting so long and fine after I cleaned it.

Her 42 is an interesting one. May be the same issue. It's been a while since we've been shooting. I cant recall if she had shot it before or not. It was sent out by the gun shop to get ceracoated before we bought it. I'll hold any negative thoughts about it till I know I've given it a good cleaning and lube.

James
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

I came here looking for pictures of a misspelled dog. :?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

^^^^ +1
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788