Planet fitness Indianola

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mav17ss

Planet fitness Indianola

Post by Mav17ss »

Not sure if posted here but small sticker on lower right corner of door.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Planet fitness Indianola

Post by Werz »

Mav17ss wrote:Not sure if posted here but small sticker on lower right corner of door.
The "lunk alarm" sign inside would deter me, regardless of any sign on the front door. If they disrespect people who want to train hard, why would they respect people who are armed?
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
EChryst

Post by EChryst »

The Planet Fitness by me has a Pizza Day and Bagel Day. And date night. And the Lunk Alarm.

I saved the cost of admission up to buy more weights for the basement. You're not missing out.
-Erik
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

One of the last places I would ever take a gun is in a fitness place with one exception.....you keep the gun with you and basically hold on to whatever pack you put it in. One of our highest theft rates is from locks of fitness centers (generally locked, but not always) and even bags when people go to work out on a machine and they set their bag down next to it. They fail to be observant on the machine for 10 minutes and then realize their bag is gone.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

JediSkipdogg wrote:One of the last places I would ever take a gun is in a fitness place with one exception.....you keep the gun with you and basically hold on to whatever pack you put it in. One of our highest theft rates is from locks of fitness centers (generally locked, but not always) and even bags when people go to work out on a machine and they set their bag down next to it. They fail to be observant on the machine for 10 minutes and then realize their bag is gone.
And the second highest theft rates comes from the vehicles in the parking lots where an otherwise prudent person would leave their gun.

My wife and I found that for the price of gym memberships we were able to outfit a room in the basement with enough equipment to break even after a few years. Let's be honest. You don't actually need that much equipment if you know how to use it. The two most versatile pieces of equipment in our workout room are a $20 Craigslist bench and a $10 folding chair. Add some free weights and a second-hand treadmill and elliptical and you're good to go. Plus an assortment of small "own body weight" gadgets like the Perfect Pushup, jump ropes and grippers. If we've got more than $1,000 invested I'd be surprised.

Oh and stall mats from Tractor Supply make fantastic flooring.
mreising

Post by mreising »

djthomas wrote:
Yeah, you definitely don't want to get used stall mats off Craig's List. Although, even a used stall mat probably smells better than the new rubber mats from Harbor Freight.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

mreising wrote:
djthomas wrote:
Yeah, you definitely don't want to get used stall mats off Craig's List. Although, even a used stall mat probably smells better than the new rubber mats from Harbor Freight.
You haven't smelled our horse's mats. I bet if you held a match to his backside, he could come close to orbital velocity.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Superman

Post by Superman »

Isn't this the fitness company (Planet Fitness) that allows cross dressers to go into whichever locker room they wish?
Voice

Post by Voice »

Superman wrote:Isn't this the fitness company (Planet Fitness) that allows cross dressers to go into whichever locker room they wish?
No. It's the same company which allows trains folks to use the *appropriate* locker room.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

So, if I claim I'm 'gender confused', I can use the women's locker room?

MyWifeSaidYes
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Voice wrote:
Superman wrote:Isn't this the fitness company (Planet Fitness) that allows cross dressers to go into whichever locker room they wish?
No. It's the same company which allows trains folks to use the *appropriate* locker room.
This is heading way off topic. And I can smell a political, controversial topic coming on, which will violate the TOS. So, let's not go there, okay?
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Planet fitness Polaris

Post by kcclark »

Tried to cancel my membership at the Polaris location in March. My letter came back a month later because Planet Fitness was not bothering to pick up their mail. They opened up today so I dropped off the letter in person. There was a new little gun buster sign on the door.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Good reason to train at home.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George