What have you bought (firearm related) in the last 48 hrs?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Re: What have you bought (firearm related) in the last 48 hr

Post by Brian D. »

It's been tough finding guns and accessories in person lately, around here at least. Scored a few 16 round magazines for my Taurus TX-22 pistol, and felt almost giddy about it.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

Ordered new sights to replace the white dots on my Shield.
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

New monitoring device for the safe.
https://www.lockdown.com/products/logic ... 99416.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
suedenflames68

Post by suedenflames68 »

Labradar. So far seems to work. Been playing with airguns in basement to get it figured out.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

By my own admission, I don’t necessarily like Glock pistols, but I really do respect them.

A gen 5 G17 came into the shop wearing CAP sights and an outline of Georgia with a P in the middle of it, a carried a lot gun that Glock rebuilt. I snagged it in a heart beat.

My pervious experiences have been with mostly G19’s and 23’s, gens 3 and 4, and one G34. Nothing special, and I had to work really hard to hit decently with them, and with the G23 at least, I crushed the grip so much that the factory magazines wouldn’t feed reliably.

The G17 gen 5 has a satisfactory trigger to it, good sights, a stupid easy magwell, and the factory grip doesn’t point noticeably different compared to a G19 for me, which points noticeably different compared to anything else in my hands. I ran Dot Torture with it and scored 48/50 at 5 yards, and 47/50 with my 1911. I was surprised at how it handled and tracked under recoil, given that I haven’t shot one in close to 5 years.

A floodlight just showed up to the house, and it now wears a TLR1HL. It’ll do the job just fine, and much better than pervious generations and smaller framed Glocks for me.

It’ll be my go-to for a bit, given that the optic-ready VP9’s don’t have suppressor height sight sets available, and the white light washes out the dot.

Have to give credit where credit is due.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Bowers group Silencer covers so I don't burn my hand swapping my Suppressor between firearms, and also to cut down on heat mirage from same.
https://bowersgroup.com/product/griptas ... er-covers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

QD sling adapter kit for my Magpul MOE fixed stock
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

jeep45238 wrote:By my own admission, I don’t necessarily like Glock pistols, but I really do respect them.

A gen 5 G17 came into the shop wearing CAP sights and an outline of Georgia with a P in the middle of it, a carried a lot gun that Glock rebuilt. I snagged it in a heart beat.
This the gun you're selling? Just curious, I sure don't hang onto everything I buy.

********************************************************************************
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Brian D. wrote:
jeep45238 wrote:By my own admission, I don’t necessarily like Glock pistols, but I really do respect them.

This the gun you're selling? Just curious, I sure don't hang onto everything I buy.
Yes. I got another VP9 for a damn good deal, and have a G17MOS gun coming in to replace the regular G17.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

C&H PWS optic plates for the VP9's. The dot sits lower than the factory HK plates, the recoil bosses are round rather than diamond shape, and they are milled to fill the gap between the optic and the slide itself. Came with vibrate VC-3 instead of locktite, stuff is amazing. Communication is spot on from the company, and reached out to them about helping an industry contact with a problem they were having (unrelated to C&H PWS) - the response back was the C&H gave me their company owner's contact information to lend a hand. I've never seen that before. Awesome stuff.

I'm pretty damned impressed with their stuff, and they even figured out a way to mill Walthers for optics at a very low height in the slide.

-Important distinction
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

I think CHPWS is now doing the Walther cuts for the factory. Their Glock MOS plates are much better than the factory too, lower with correct thread engagement on the screws. My experience with communication wasn’t as good as yours, but not to the point of being an issue.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

My new Henry AR-7

[Image
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Bought a Walther PPQ in .22 a couple weeks ago, as a practice companion for my pair in 9mm. Since then I've bought two more 12 round magazines (it came with two) and vetted them at the indoor range today.

It's not a tack driver so far but the trigger is just as good as the center-fire guns. Reliable as all get out.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Guess I'm on a .22 kick. Probably going to buy a Glock model 44 today.