In Wall Pistol Safe

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Lonewolf

In Wall Pistol Safe

Post by Lonewolf »

I all ready have a gun safe now I'd like to put a in the wall pistol safe in the house looks like all you need is 14 1/2 inches between the studs. Just what does the forum recommend.
Bruenor

Re: In Wall Pistol Safe

Post by Bruenor »

I have a homak I intend to install in a closet somewhere. Pretty heavy steel for a locking cabinet. found mine at a gun show for a great price.
https://www.amazon.com/Homak-WS00018002 ... 0017KL254/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There's a smaller version for just a pistol as well
https://www.amazon.com/Homak-WS00018002 ... 000TUT87W/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I really like the stuff from tactical walls, but they are not inexpensive. Advantage is it could go somewhere in the house other than inside a closet, where I could actually get to it
https://tacticalwalls.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Lonewolf

Post by Lonewolf »

Thanks for the reply.
lar1

Post by lar1 »

did you get one?
lar1

Post by lar1 »

I purchased one 10 years ago from sportsman's guide. Tunrd out where I choose, the stud was off enough that it made it a challenge.
cornaylor

Post by cornaylor »

Bit of a late comment, but did you get one? I bought this one https://nycitysafe.com/product/cannon-a ... -gun-safe/ recently and I love it!
Matthew Kerr

Post by Matthew Kerr »

Hi,

It's my first time getting an In-Wall Pistol safe :oops: , any recommendations to where should I put or install this safe? I was thinking about installing it in the bedroom but it was not convenient if there is an emergency :? It's difficult to sneak passing through the burglars just to get my gun.

Thanks

-Matt
skylinechiliboi

Post by skylinechiliboi »

Eh. I wouldn't go in wall. I'd probably just get a pistol safe with mounting capabilities or one that's cable ready.
FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

skylinechiliboi wrote:Eh. I wouldn't go in wall. I'd probably just get a pistol safe with mounting capabilities or one that's cable ready.

Just curious why? I've had in-wall pistol safes at a few different houses and I loved them. What are the downsides you see?
skylinechiliboi

FormerNavy wrote:
skylinechiliboi wrote:Eh. I wouldn't go in wall. I'd probably just get a pistol safe with mounting capabilities or one that's cable ready.

Just curious why? I've had in-wall pistol safes at a few different houses and I loved them. What are the downsides you see?
Me personally, I like my pistols secure AND portable. Also, we do a bunch of furniture rearranging and moving a wall safe can get a bit tedious. However, I can definitely see the advantage. But I might just get a full sized safe from Titan just not in wall. But that's just me.
FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

skylinechiliboi wrote:
FormerNavy wrote:

Me personally, I like my pistols secure AND portable. Also, we do a bunch of furniture rearranging and moving a wall safe can get a bit tedious. However, I can definitely see the advantage. But I might just get a full sized safe from Titan just not in wall. But that's just me.
Oh yeah, I can see it if you're rearranging stuff. Mine has always been in the bedroom and that room never gets rearranged. :D
skylinechiliboi

FormerNavy wrote:
skylinechiliboi wrote:.
Oh yeah, I can see it if you're rearranging stuff. Mine has always been in the bedroom and that room never gets rearranged. :D
[/quote]

My wife has this thing for watching old HGTV shows and crap like that. It seems like every other the bed's in a new spot. I swear one of these nights, I'm gonna lose my way to the bathroom and pee in the laundry hamper.