What have you bought (firearm related) in the last 48 hrs?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Delta-3

Re: What have you bought (firearm related) in the last 48 hr

Post by Delta-3 »

You always have to "one-up" us, don't you? :wink:

Trying to keep up with carmen, I bought 500rds of .32 acp to feed my Beretta 81 & Tomcat 3032 & 2- Gieselle ACH AR charging handles.
Last edited by Delta-3 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rom 13:4 For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil,
be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister,
an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Sorry. :cry:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Dawson Fiber front/black rear sights, thin grips, bushings, and screws for my .22LR 1911.

Romeo 5 red dot on sale, just found out today it doesn't have the low mount in the box (was going to go on a .22LR Pistol). Going to have to try and scrounge one of those up and get rid of the ridiculous 2" mechanical sight offset of the little 22/45.

Refinement and Repetition: Dry-fire Drills for Dramatic Improvement by Steve Anderson
Verbal Judo: The Gentle Art of Persuasion by George J. Thompson
The Law of Self Defense: The Indispensable Guide to the Armed Citizen by Andrew F. Branca
Concealed Carry Class: The ABCs of Self-Defense Tools and Tactics by Tom Givens (pre-order)

Sort of related : Streamlight 66608 250 Lumen Microstream USB Rechargeable Flashlight The black one cycles 50-250 lumens, the brown 250-50 lumens. Small, cheap, easy to carry, bright, USB rechargable, doesn't scream tactical too bad.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
Delta-3

Post by Delta-3 »

I got my Beretta compact back from Wilson Combat. I had them work their "Magic" on it (inside & out).

WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Finally got my hands on a carbine kit for a Beretta Neos U22 pistol... and it came with a Beretta Neos U22 pistol. :D

Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Dovetail mount from EGW for an RMR pattern optic to try this bugger out and get the skill development up.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Was a pretty good Christmas

got a KYL (Know your Limits) target so I can practice before the next match come spring.
the target is placed at 50 meters, and the 8 Target Sizes: 2" - 1.75" - 1.5" - 1.25" - 1" - .75" - .5" - .25"
You are on the clock and have 60 seconds to shoot all 8 targets with your .22 rifle.
Those last 2 are a bit rough

Peltor Sport Tactical 500 electronic hearing protection.

2 Stripped lowers, and a lower parts kit.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

https://www.tandemkross.com/GSGSig-1911 ... p_163.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL-ihNr1sDY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bought and put this in my 1911-22. It's a totally different pistol, and the barrel screw is no longer installed. It's the only 1911 style pistol that I have that requires a barrel bushing, and the barrel locks up pretty tight to the slide now with the hammer cocked, whereas before there was so much slop it was ridiculous and a crap shoot if you would hit the target. I will say he put the pin in on the wrong side of the frame, it should go under the slide stop.

Groups are much much smaller using bulk ammo it hates - smaller than the mini-mags it does like prior to installation of the kit. I'd recommend it if you have one of these pistols, along with Dawson Precision sights.

-Important distinction
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

38 cal & 9mm range ammo.
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

jeep45238 wrote:https://www.tandemkross.com/GSGSig-1911 ... p_163.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL-ihNr1sDY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bought and put this in my 1911-22. It's a totally different pistol, and the barrel screw is no longer installed. It's the only 1911 style pistol that I have that requires a barrel bushing, and the barrel locks up pretty tight to the slide now with the hammer cocked, whereas before there was so much slop it was ridiculous and a crap shoot if you would hit the target. I will say he put the pin in on the wrong side of the frame, it should go under the slide stop.
The original barrel bushing in my GSG-1911 .22 (same top end as yours, different markings) cracked and broke, because it was pot metal trash. That spurred me to buy this upgrade kit. Huge difference, as you said.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

XS big dot front sights for internal front sight J frames x2 from Brownells.

They're currently $10 cheaper than everybody else on that product, and coupon code VDF saves another $10 off of an order for $99+ and free shipping at the moment.

-Important distinction
Delta-3

Post by Delta-3 »

Thanks for the heads up Jeep!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Hello. It was four days ago, but I purchased a Taurus TX-22 semiautomatic handgun. It's in .22 LR, about a 4" barrel, shaped and sized more than a bit like a Glock 19. The two double stack magazines hold 16 rounds each. It has an adjustable rear sight that's actually decent.

I haven't bought a Taurus firearm in probably 30 years, because my experiences, semiauto or revolver, with them back then were always negative. (I did win a few at matches and got one as an OFCC Picnic door prize since then. None of them worked right either, and got sold.) So, even after reading positive write-ups on the TX, and talking to a friend that has one he's extremely satisfied with, I was hesitant from time of purchase, until my first range session. To be honest the whole thing made me feel like Charlie Brown lining up to kick the football that Lucy Van Pelt always entices him with. :mrgreen:

My first range time with the gun was indoors, so it took a little patience to dial in the sights because the light is just plain better for sight-in, outdoors. Ran 50 each of three different brands on .22 through it. Only problem was with a CCI Blazer that was too fat to chamber. Definitely a bullet not firearm problem. Two days later I got outside with it, the thing ran flawlessly. Finished up by hitting a 4" steel plate at 30 yards five times in a row. Doubt I can do better than that with any iron-sight handgun, honestly. And after 250 or so shots, the trigger pull has smoothed up a bit. If this gun has longevity, it will be one of the best bargains I've experienced.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Bought a Mepro M21 Day/Night Self-illuminated Reflex Sight..
NO BATTERIES..Mil-Std. qualified.
2 quick release mounts..

For my CZ Scorpion...

Meprolight..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Delta-3

Post by Delta-3 »

That should be a great optic for the scorpion!