POTUS 2020: Enter Bloomberg

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

POTUS 2020: Enter Bloomberg

Post by bignflnut »

Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is preparing to enter the 2020 Democratic primary despite saying earlier this year he would not run for president, according to the NYT. The billionaire environmentalist has been privately weighing a bid for the White House for weeks and has not yet made a final decision on whether to run, an adviser said. But in the first sign that he is seriously moving toward a campaign, Bloomberg has dispatched staffers to Alabama to gather signatures to qualify for the primary there. Though Alabama does not hold an early primary, it has a Friday deadline for candidates to formally enter the race.
Here we go...a new villain to make everyone forget what a turd Trump has been for RKBA....
All he has to do to beat Buttigeig is to kiss a man on the mouth every time he's on camera...and the nomination is his.
He's 77, Trump is 73

Septuagenarian Mogul Battle!!
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: POTUS 2020: Enter Bloomberg

Post by Javelin Man »

Let's get Hillary to jump in the fray as well! :lol:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Call it the mobility election?
Have them bowl, walk down stairs, golf, attempt to work a laptop...see which elimination round trips them up.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Hasn't Bloom*** spouted this alllll before? This would represent a huuuuge fracture in the Dem parjty.

I'll believe it when I see it
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I'd vote for him if Hillary was his running mate..VP.. :twisted:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

When Bloomberg first started to run his candidate ads, gun control was in the ads. Recently I have noticed his currant ads say nothing about gun control. He's wising up that it's a negative issue. Let's not say anything about gun control until after I'm elected then full steam ahead with confiscation.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

qmti wrote:When Bloomberg first started to run his candidate ads, gun control was in the ads. Recently I have noticed his currant ads say nothing about gun control. He's wising up that it's a negative issue. Let's not say anything about gun control until after I'm elected then full steam ahead with confiscation.
Agreed. Even if he was allowed into future debates, I wouldn't trust the ms media to open that can of worms on a stage let alone report any truthful statements made surrounding the topic.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

R. Giuliani did the exact same thing, saying '' I M in'' but not 'entering' the race until after the 1st few primaries (or something like that) .

Didn't work for him either.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

WhyNot wrote:R. Giuliani did the exact same thing, saying '' I M in'' but not 'entering' the race until after the 1st few primaries (or something like that) .

Yeah, but Rudy didn't have the money to throw at it like Bloomie does. This will be a test to see if the electorate can be bought.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

schmieg wrote:
WhyNot wrote:R. Giuliani did the exact same thing, saying '' I M in'' but not 'entering' the race until after the 1st few primaries (or something like that) .

Yeah, but Rudy didn't have the money to throw at it like Bloomie does. This will be a test to see if the electorate can be bought.
And it may also be a test of how well gun control sells. The last 5 Bloomberg commercials I saw on TV were all the same, mentioning how Bloomberg took on the NRA in Virginia and won. :(
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

bignflnut wrote:
Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is preparing to enter the 2020 Democratic primary despite saying earlier this year he would not run for president, according to the NYT. The billionaire environmentalist has been privately weighing a bid for the White House for weeks and has not yet made a final decision on whether to run, an adviser said. But in the first sign that he is seriously moving toward a campaign, Bloomberg has dispatched staffers to Alabama to gather signatures to qualify for the primary there. Though Alabama does not hold an early primary, it has a Friday deadline for candidates to formally enter the race.
Here we go...a new villain to make everyone forget what a turd Trump has been for RKBA....
All he has to do to beat Buttigeig is to kiss a man on the mouth every time he's on camera...and the nomination is his.
He's 77, Trump is 73

Septuagenarian Mogul Battle!!
For me I never thought that there would be any federal advancement of gun rights anyway from Trump, whether he wanted it or not. My concern was SCOTUS and federal judge appts, and Trump has not been a turd on that. Yes he banned bump stocks but that's minor compared to what things might be like had Hillary been elected.

b.t.w., Trump did publicly say that he would the hearing protection act and national reciprocity if it was send to him, but it never was. You can thank the Senate for that. :(