Warren county parks; Ohio

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Wolfie

Warren county parks; Ohio

Post by Wolfie »

I stumbled on a county park in SW Ohio that has rules posted prohibiting firearms. Does this contradict state law?

Thanks for the help!

http://www.co.warren.oh.us/parks/Parks_ ... orial.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.co.warren.oh.us/parks/park_rules.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

6.0 WEAPONS, FIREARMS, FIREWORKS, EXPLOSIVES, AND BOWS AND ARROWS.
(updated July 18, 2012)
6.1 Weapons, firearms, fireworks, explosives. No person, except Rangers, Peace
Officers, Law Enforcement Officers, and authorized employees or agents of the Board
shall possess or discharge a firearm contrary to state law (Rev. Code 2923.11 through
2923.1213). No person, except Rangers, Peace Officers, Law Enforcement Officers, and
authorized employees or agents of the Board shall possess a deadly weapon, dangerous
ordnance, blowgun, air rifle, sling shot, or missile throwing device, within the
Parks or discharge any deadly weapon, dangerous ordnance, fireworks, explosives,
sling shot, or air rifle therein, without specific written permit from the Director.
6.2 Bows and arrows. No person shall have or possess on park property a bow, crossbow or blowgun
intended to shoot arrows or darts nor release an arrow or dart from a bow, blowgun, crossbow,
longbow, or other weapon, within or into the Park other than in areas designated by the Director.
Brian D.

Re: Warren county parks; Ohio

Post by Brian D. »

Their rule 6.1 "...contrary to state law (Rev Code 2923.11 through 2913.1213)" is likely the weasel wording they'll state is clear and doesn't violate ORC 9.68.

Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost probably wouldn't agree, but could he be convinced to step in? I doubt it.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Brian D. wrote:Their rule 6.1 "...contrary to state law (Rev Code 2923.11 through 2913.1213)" is likely the weasel wording they'll state is clear and doesn't violate ORC 9.68.

Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost probably wouldn't agree, but could he be convinced to step in? I doubt it.

So what "IS" Yost good for ?

The common ordinarry Joe's like us can'r even contact him and he won't talk to us ordinary people unless we go through some "government" official !

Makes me wonder why I vote for him, really.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Last week I was in a Colerain Township park with a regulations sign that included the same "..shall not possess or discharge.." prohibition. On their website they had omitted "possess or" from the rule. Using my handy little bottle of White-Out, I brought the sign up to date. I should go to a Trustee meeting so they can thank me. :lol:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:
Brian D. wrote:Their rule 6.1 "...contrary to state law (Rev Code 2923.11 through 2913.1213)" is likely the weasel wording they'll state is clear and doesn't violate ORC 9.68.

So what "IS" Yost good for ?

The common ordinarry Joe's like us can'r even contact him and he won't talk to us ordinary people unless we go through some "government" official !

Makes me wonder why I vote for him, really.
He's not the only one. That's been the history of the AG. We elect the AG, but they work for other governments, not for the people it seems. I'm not sure if that's just "the way it's always been" or if that is actually in the Ohio Constitution/ORC.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.