Schumer pushing limits on body armor

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Schumer pushing limits on body armor

Post by M-Quigley »

except for public law enforcement of course.

I used to know people who worked in dangerous jobs that wore body armor, sometimes in places where they weren't allowed to carry a firearm, and that body armor (which by itself hurts no one) was their only defense. And why have the FBI regulate it?

https://www.whio.com/news/national-govt ... vsPzUd41I/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Schumer pushing limits on body armor

Post by sodbuster95 »

The legislation is aimed at trying to curb the sale of body armor, which has been used by assailants in mass shootings. The push comes a week after a gunman wearing body armor killed nine people in Dayton, Ohio.
Of course, this person was killed by police in less than a minute. Meaning (assuming he was actually wearing body armor and not something else entirely), that this proposed regulation would have, as usual, no effect on the purported problem.

But, hey...we gotta "do something".
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Well, there goes body armor sales ^^ , ^^, and further ^^.

UP!

Never say anything, no one wants it

Say sumth'n, everybody has to has it

Dude could say, coffee creamer caused it & there would be a shortage on creamer
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Of course, the current craze is bullet-proof backpacks for school kids. I wonder if they are see-through so they are allowed in some schools. :roll:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Re: OhioCCW Forums Changes

Postby Jake » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:20 am

We're trying direct our focus on the forums to primarily a "single issue" (gun owner rights and legislation).
While there may be an adjustment period, I think it's best for the organization.
Body Armor is probably not RKBA (and may have been "cop bashing"), according to this rubric, (which may be why it ended up in the Korner)
... a lot of dots have connected together since then, huh?
AH, memory lane...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Heard it today on /am morning talk ''This Morning with Gordon Deal''

Right after this announcement, which was right on the heels of the shootings, backpack armor & body armor sales shot up like, 200-300%

''I refer to the statement I gave some moments ago '' ^^^ , which strangely sounds like British Parlimentary Proceedings 8) ...hmm...
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

Javelin Man wrote:Of course, the current craze is bullet-proof backpacks for school kids. I wonder if they are see-through so they are allowed in some schools. :roll:
If I had a kid I’d just drop a piece of 1/2” plate steel in his backpack. He’d be pretty tough by the time he graduated!
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Could carry around a ballistic clipboard...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798