Huntington Bank

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Birdman

Re: Huntington Bank

Post by Birdman »

I had not had to visit my local Conneaut branch in a month or so, but did so today. No signs up....yet, and I did not ask if they were going to post them.
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Another update:

Sooooo, I was wrong.

The manager of the branch I use , (and I consider him a friend), pulled me aside today, since he knows I carry , and told me the signs are coming....soon.

He doesn't like it either.

I gave him the relavent orc regarding private business non-liability regarding allowing and not allowing carry

He informed me he's on some "advisory board" at Huntington and will be bring this up that posting "will not" reduce or change their liability whether they allow or not and it would be a shame to lose business over misinformation regarding the law pertaining to carry.

He said he will keep me informed .
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
Randymp
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Randymp »

I noticed yesterday my branch had a no gun sign. I was there about 3 weeks earlier & the sign wasn't there. It looks like to me corp. sent the signs out & now try to blame mangers. I would switch banks, but there's only 2 banks in town & I don't like the other one because of too many fees. I'll just keep using the ATM until I can figure out something else to do.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

...he's on some "advisory board" at Huntington and will be bring this up that posting...
I know what board (usually committee) this is. I've seen this before.
It's the ''Fixing Things That Are Not Broke Committee.''

:P
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
ashtabula

Post by ashtabula »

I went to my branch and drew down my accounts to the minimum required to avoid fees. The manager didn't seem real concerned and told me there are ways to bank with them and not come in the building. I said no thanks and I'll be back in April for the rest.

The strange part is no one admits to requiring the signs. At this point they have caused me enough problems. The Huntington sign on the building will make me stay away.
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

Yesterday I was at the branch I usually deal with at 8220 E Broad Street in Columbus. Since I had just the the doctor's Office, my EDC was still in the lockbox in my car. No signage yet...
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

147Doc wrote:I was going to wonder aloud if this was "rogue managers" at work, until WhyNot said he asked his branch.

I checked out mine - Galbraith Rd in Deer Park - and there are no CPZ signs up (yet?).
Still keeping my fingers crossed... mine is still not posted.
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

Interesting that some haven't been posted. Wonder if some managers are ignoring the rules... :-)
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

techguy85 wrote:Interesting that some haven't been posted. Wonder if some managers are ignoring the rules... :-)
... or if we're not being told the whole truth, and it's a per-branch thing.
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

Why would individual branch managers suddenly decide to post their branches all at roughly the same time?

So 15 years after concealed carry law passes, Huntington decides to post? I wonder if there was an incident somewhere that caused this?
wls

Post by wls »

Last night I checked out the branch I go to and it is still not posted.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Occams Razor

Corporate sent out standard sign packages for front doors that included gun buster signs, without making an official "policy.
Some branch managers think it's a corporate policy since the sings came out, others don't

My $.02
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pk47 »

ashtabula wrote:The confusion continues. Corporate tells me it is their policy "to not prohibit concealed carry". The wording in that policy shows that lawyers are involved. I have a branch manager who tells me she's OK if I just carry anyway. She also said there was small print at the bottom of the sign that allowed me to carry.
Small print on the sign bottom that allows carry? What kind of sign is that? Any pictures?
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Went to the branch yesterday. No manager on duty per se, but a nice sit down with a loan officer. The person I spoke to previous had just went to lunch.

HOWEVER...

Seeing this staff was not familiar with my previous call, started looking on the computer (Huntington intranet?) and produced and printed a H memo. What to say, what to do, if there are questions who to call. I did not hold & read the memo, but I clearly saw the paragraph structure, Bank logo header etc. not 2 feet away // over the desk. Staffer also stated if a sign comes to the branch from Central they post it. I stated , no different then the generic wall poster in the office? and the reply was, yes.

I believe (IMHO) Huntington ''central office'' is squarely behind the whole effort vs. a few rogue branch managers.

The only thing I cold possibly see is the exact wording on the window sticker having small writing excluding CHL, as other have stated a few posts back.

I also asked how to withdraw funds, cashiers check, etc.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
sunfish valley

Post by sunfish valley »

I wonder if this may have anything to do with political pressure . forcing financial institutions to stop dealing with firearms and firearm Communities ??????
SUNFISHVALLEYCCW
NRA MEMBER
NRA INSTRUCTOR
NRA RSO
Ohio Hunter Education Instructor