Are you a member of West Branch Rifle & Pistol Club? (Medina

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Are you a member of West Branch Rifle & Pistol Club? (Me

Post by steves 50de »

JU-87 wrote:Yes, I will definitely look for another club to join.

The first question I will ask is: "Does the club OWN the land that the range is on?" If the answer is "no", my next words will be "Then I'm not interested. Good bye."

I want to spend my "Second Amendment money" wisely. It's obvious to me that if a club does not OWN land, they are really not serious about there future, or the future of the shooting sports, or mainly about furthering the Second Amendment.

I will post choices I find on this thread.
Find any clubs you are interested in. :?:
Black Rifles Matter
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Still looking.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Death of a Gun Club.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=92979" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

Just horrible.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Latest developments, as of October 2019:

In May ( or June), a email survey was sent out to West Branch Rifle & Pistol club (WBRPC) members.
There were 2 possible locations for land purchase: Vermillion or West Salem.

The membership was asked to pick 1 of 3 choices:

1) Vermillion
2)West Salem
3)Neither location. Keep looking.

The majority of the membership voted for choice #1 : Vermillion.

Ok then...

The board purchases 80 acres of land in...West Salem! :shock: I'm told this land is not zoned for use as a gun range at this time. All it will take is a noise or safety complaint from ONE neighbor to shut down any shooting.
Board members who disagreed had there "voting rights" removed. Most (if not all) of those folks resigned from the WBRPC board.
Here is a link to the "new" West Branch Rifle & Pistol club website: https://wbrpc.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As if this was not a bad enough decision, there is a well established Gun Club 4 miles down the road : Ashland Lake Gun Club (ALGC). http://www.ashlandlakegunclub.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If WBRPC survives, which I think is doubtful, it would take them 30 years to get to the level that Ashland Lake Gun Club is today. I know this first hand, as I became a member of ALGC earlier this year. ALGC will now get my "2nd Amendment" dollars, and my work party time.

The board of directors of WBRPC has once again failed the membership. I will let my nearly 20 year membership in that club expire in February, 2020.