Huntington Bank

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

wls

Re: Huntington Bank

Post by wls »

kcclark wrote:Visited my usual branch and the branch with my safe deposit box today. Both posted. Gotta put together a letter to Huntington giving them a chance to fix things.

You might want to explain to the bank that their “welcome” sign doesn’t apply to you anymore.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Just spoke to Huntington Lima branch. Not posted YET, but will be soon --per orders of Columbus main office.

Staff I spoke to was very nice and she 'straddled the fence' quite well. Seemed prepared for the conversation, perhaps due to others voicing opinion?
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

I was going to wonder aloud if this was "rogue managers" at work, until WhyNot said he asked his branch.

I checked out mine - Galbraith Rd in Deer Park - and there are no CPZ signs up (yet?).
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

I've got six accounts at the Huntington branch in Navarre, and I'd hate to have to close them all out, but I will.

I don;t really like bringing up this subject with a bank , but if they know in advance Im going to pull all six accounts.....(and if others also threaten to do the same), it may carry some weight and stop the policy from being put in place and "then" having to get them to do away with the policy "after" its in effect.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

^^^ this^^^

...little alone, the extreme lack of evidence these 15 years past, problems from CHL persons in the lobby conducting business. I actually could kinda-sorta understand in high crime areas of the state

If the current bored of directerships is :oops: sceeered :oops: of me, for no reason base in reality :P , I can go away. Family has done business with The Hun since late 60s...
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll

Yeah, I'm that good
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

Instead of complaining to low level flunkies, I suggest sending an email to the regional president. All the regional presidents are listed here:

https://www.huntington.com/About-Us/RegionalPresidents" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This web site shows the format of Huntington emails:

https://hunter.io/companies/huntington.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you send an email using that format and it doesn't bounce, there is a good chance it was delivered. I used this technique when PNC posted signs years ago. I sent an email to the president of PNC and received a reply back from the chief operating officer. He apologized and said they would take care of it. They did.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Yep. If you don't like the music, you don't complain to the monkey, you complain to the organ grinder.
rickt wrote:Instead of complaining to low level flunkies, I suggest sending an email to the regional president. All the regional presidents are listed here:

https://www.huntington.com/About-Us/RegionalPresidents" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://hunter.io/companies/huntington.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you send an email using that format and it doesn't bounce, there is a good chance it was delivered. I used this technique when PNC posted signs years ago. I sent an email to the president of PNC and received a reply back from the chief operating officer. He apologized and said they would take care of it. They did.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

rickt wrote:Instead of complaining to low level flunkies, I suggest sending an email to the regional president. All the regional presidents are listed here:

I just communicated with a lower level "monkey" ......I think, as it looked like a canned response.

But thanks for the links Wy-not.

I will be contacting them SOON.
Darrel
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

.....UPDATE

I spoke with someone from the home office at Huntington and it's a branch issue.

Huntington doesn't have a blanket policy banning carry. Corp. leaves that policy up to the local branch managers.

sooooo......those Huntington banks that are denying you the right to defend yourself, are the result of the branch manager, so I'd use the link Wy-not posted above to complain about "your" local branch and that that manager is going to cost them your business if the policy doesn't change at that branch.

GOOD LUCK !
Darrel
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote: Huntington doesn't have a blanket policy banning carry. Corp. leaves that policy up to the local branch managers.
Somebody's story is not correct and I'd be really surprised if my friend who works at the branch gave me bad info.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

WhyNot wrote:Just spoke to Huntington Lima branch. Not posted YET, but will be soon --per orders of Columbus main office.

Staff I spoke to was very nice and she 'straddled the fence' quite well. Seemed prepared for the conversation, perhaps due to others voicing opinion?
Ya, right.
I think they were just trying to put the blame on someone else and not the manager who made the decision.
As for now, my accounts will stay with Huntington until I hear otherwise and a sign goes up.
Darrel
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

kcclark wrote:
3FULLMAGS+1 wrote: Huntington doesn't have a blanket policy banning carry. Corp. leaves that policy up to the local branch managers.
Somebody's story is not correct and I'd be really surprised if my friend who works at the branch gave me bad info.
And the branch manager at the Huntington I use says it's his decision to allow or not, so.....

I do agree that somebody's info isn't correct,

Corp. needs to make the decision and make sure the same policy is enforced at every branch.
Darrel
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Corp 'feeling the heat' and playing the blame-game perhaps.

I find it all together odd :?: that, many branches in many towns 'decided' to post, simultaneously.

Or perhaps, it's how portions of Ohio was settled. British agreed with Indians, no settlers past a certain point. Settlers came in on their own accord, no Gov't. backup . Indians complained to British, who said 'we didn't tell them to do that'...with a smile.

In any event the removal of deposits or promise of same is an unfortunate last resort if a disagreement happens over any bank policy.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll

Yeah, I'm that good
ashtabula

Post by ashtabula »

The confusion continues. Corporate tells me it is their policy "to not prohibit concealed carry". The wording in that policy shows that lawyers are involved. I have a branch manager who tells me she's OK if I just carry anyway. She also said there was small print at the bottom of the sign that allowed me to carry. If this really is the feeling of corporate and the manager, why is there a no gun sign on the front door?

The manager called about a week ago asking if I wanted to buy some CD's. I told her I am definitely in the market, but I would not be getting any from Huntington. I told her as soon as I can reassign my direct payments, I will be closing all my accounts. Unfortunately it will take until April to work out the direct pay. The sign is still on the front door.
docachna

Post by docachna »

IMHO, you will have much better results going top-down, or at least middle-down, esp. since each of those branch managers reports to a regional. If the regional starts hearing about it too much, there's a better chance he'll just shoot out an e-mail to all the branches in his area, reminding them of the "corporate policy" (if one exists !!).
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE