Huntington Bank

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Huntington Bank

Post by qmti »

WhyNot wrote:If I remember correctly. Doesn't it go like this; person carries 8) into an establishment. Manager asks person to leave. Person does, no problem. Doesn't, police are called.

Am I correct :wink:
I guess that's a probable scenario. But I have to ask, why initiate a confrontation when you are clearly violating the law as it is now. I know it's getting more and more difficult for a law abiding gun owner to do any banking at a brick and mortar location unfortunately.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

It is my humble opinion that banking, especially, increases risks to it's customers by posting. No one wants to carry large sums of cash to and from the parking lot while unarmed, yet that is exactly what a law abiding citizen will do. I would think that criminals know this.
It's a wonder folks in parking lots are hit up more often.
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

WhyNot wrote:If I remember correctly. Doesn't it go like this; person carries 8) into an establishment. Manager asks person to leave. Person does, no problem. Doesn't, police are called.

Am I correct :wink:
Possibly - even likely. But since the sign carries the force of law in Ohio, the police could be called immediately - and if the person who notices the gun is a true snowflake, they would be too afraid to approach you themselves, increasing the odds of the police being called immediately. And yes, it's "only" an M4, but that carries a fine of up to $250 *and* up to 30 days of jail time... Plus the addition of "Criminal Trespass" to your arrest record. On top of financially supporting an anti-gun organization.

Personally, I prefer to take my money elsewhere - which has the nice side effect of keeping me on the right side of the law.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

Just noticed a posted sign at the Huntington on Hilliard Rome rd on the west side of Columbus. Guess I need to start looking for another bank.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

techguy85 wrote:Just noticed a posted sign at the Huntington on Hilliard Rome rd on the west side of Columbus. Guess I need to start looking for another bank.
Nuts. I haven't been to an actual branch office in a while, I may need to stop in at my usual location and see what's up.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

I forget which notorious criminal once interviewed answered the question, why do you rob banks. Jessie James? Dillinger? Simply stated, ''that's where the money is.'' I remember where the new crop of bandits have expanded their spheres. Ah yes,this thread ...

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic. ... g#p4395946" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...can and should be used in the discussions with Huntington or any other bank. They already know about inside-the-lobby shootings, if they have any sense of common sense. Perhaps a new approach could be helpful. From that article...
...to take that “something” from you. Usually, however, the term jugging is reserved for those criminals who steal from victims who have just left a bank or ATM as is the case in this crime. Jugging is on the rise in the Houston area. .....
Speaking of speaking to Huntington. How fortunate, they are based here in Ohio...

https://www.corporateofficeheadquarters ... ffice.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.wheresmybank.com/banks-6560 ... ional-bank" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

WhyNot wrote:I forget which notorious criminal once interviewed answered the question, why do you rob banks. Jessie James? Dillinger? Simply stated, ''that's where the money is.''
I think it was Willie Horton. He might have, uh, stolen the line from one of those you mentioned, though.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

I've been banking with huntington for over 35 years. Guess I need to check my branch..
:roll:
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
ESAFO

Post by ESAFO »

Just left the Hubbard branch a few minutes ago & didn't see any signs posted in plain site.
BOB
wls

Post by wls »

Checked the West Chester/VOA branch last night and didn’t see any signs.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Chuck wrote:It is my humble opinion that banking, especially, increases risks to it's customers by posting. No one wants to carry large sums of cash to and from the parking lot while unarmed, yet that is exactly what a law abiding citizen will do. I would think that criminals know this.
It's a wonder folks in parking lots are hit up more often.
It's probably because most criminals want to pick victims they know has some cash on them, and don't want to waste their time and energy robbing a random person merely going into or out of a bank without knowing what the customer has on them, while the jackpot is avoided. Now as far as targeting specific customers that they know are bringing money in or taking money out, or people using ATM's, that's different and you do hear of that going on occasionally. A relative of mine sold something once for cash and she asked me to take her to a Fifth Third bank because she didn't want to get robbed on the way into the bank. Even though I couldn't legally go into the bank, I could go up to the door.

I'm glad to say that since that day she's gotten her CHL and she now banks at a bank just down the street that is not a victim disarmanent zone. :)
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

My father got robbed in a Toledo bank parking lot in the late '90s. He came out of the bank with the $ he had just withdrawn. I have no clue whether the $ was easily seen or not. My dad was in his late '70s at the time and probably looked like an easy target. Somebody gave chase to the thief but could not catch him.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

It's getting pretty bad when bank employees are in the act of informing on customers leaving with large amounts of cash. :(
This is only one of many different stories of bank employees being involved in some way with theft or robbery.

https://abc13.com/bank-worker-allegedly ... t/4027195/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

M-Quigley wrote:It's getting pretty bad when bank employees are in the act of informing on customers leaving with large amounts of cash. :(
This is only one of many different stories of bank employees being involved in some way with theft or robbery.
Been going on as long as we've had banks, sad to say. I've read (too?) many non-fiction books on crime through the years.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

Visited my usual branch and the branch with my safe deposit box today. Both posted. Gotta put together a letter to Huntington giving them a chance to fix things.