Any Columbus Credit Unions that are not CPZs?

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

justanother2Aguy

Any Columbus Credit Unions that are not CPZs?

Post by justanother2Aguy »

I can't believe it. In hopes of getting away from the big banks and making the switch to a local credit union, I have been doing some serious shopping on Columbus area credit unions, based on online research, liquidity/assets/stability/reviews etc. I have been to at least six different credit unions in the Columbus area and they are ALL anti-gun. The sign will say something like 'Unless allowed by law'. I even called one of them anonymously, spoke to a manager and specifically stated that if someone has a state-issued conceal carry license, is that allowed. They said no and that it only applies to Law Enforcement Officers. After politely informing them of why they should not be anti-gun and that most regular banks don't post anti-gun signs, I then informed them that I will be taking my business elsewhere.

So what the heck?? Are all credit unions anti-gun? What am I missing?

OK, I'll stop ranting now. If anyone knows of a credit union that is pro-gun, please let us know. Thanks! :)
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Any Columbus Credit Unions that are not CPZs?

Post by WhyNot »

Have you considered online banking? I don't know if there is such a beast as online credit unions, but online bank CDs are running at 3% / 18+ months right now. Everything else is going 'online', and this eliminates the schtupid red circle gun signs.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good