Portlands Mayor hands the city over to Antifa

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Portlands Mayor hands the city over to Antifa

Post by Bruenor »

I knew portland was a city with a left bent, but I guess I didn't have things fully in context..

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/10 ... 4953641984" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is the type of street anarchy that routinely happens where I live. Here is video from 6 Oct showing Antifa directing traffic in downtown & threatening people who don’t obey with violence.
Nothin quite like a white guy calling you whitey, KKK from North Carolina, whitey.
And here is video of an elderly man who didn’t heed their street orders — so they chased him down.
Saturday’s street take over was just one in a string of events where the city’s leaders abdicated responsibility to uphold the rule of law. Here’s an example I investigated from the summer that lasted for weeks: Mob targets ICE office, Police follow orders to do nothing
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
pirateguy191

Re: Portlands Mayor hands the city over to Antifa

Post by pirateguy191 »

That's weird.....I have to wear one of those hi-viz green vests when I direct traffic.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JimE
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by JimE »

The modern brown shirts.
May they end up like their predecessors....at Spandau.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Things have gotten worse since I was there four years ago. We had one of our Army unit reunions there and were walking back to the hotel after dinner when a bunch of homeless kids (early 20's maybe) accosted us. My one friend told them to get a job. Another had a pretty golden retriever with him and, when he asked me for money because he couldn't afford food, I told him to eat the dog. Back then, they withered and cried a bit.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

Twitter link did not work for me. This article has two videos of what Antifa was doing.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/anti ... ffic-riot/
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

But you cannot call them what they are.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/10/0 ... the-m-word" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Want to bet?
pirateguy191 wrote:But you cannot call them what they are.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/10/0 ... the-m-word" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

WY_Not wrote:Want to bet?

Four years ago, they would have probably cried if you called them that. Now, they may just beat the living daylights out of you.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

moron's :?:
Black Rifles Matter
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

schmieg wrote:
WY_Not wrote:Want to bet?

Four years ago, they would have probably cried if you called them that. Now, they may just beat the living daylights out of you.
That's fun until somebody gets an eye (and the back of their head) shot out.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

deanimator wrote:
schmieg wrote: Four years ago, they would have probably cried if you called them that. Now, they may just beat the living daylights out of you.
That's fun until somebody gets an eye (and the back of their head) shot out.
Oregon doesn't honor anyone else's CHL, so it would have to be a resident. Portland goes one step further in prohibiting the carrying of loaded magazines unless you have an Oregon CHL, so your piece has to be locked away, the ammo has to be in a locked container separate from the gun. When I was there, I stopped at the first rest stop outside of Portland and loaded my mags. Still couldn't carry, but it was one step closer to having things ready if needed. I pulled over at the first place I could stop in Idaho and rearmed.
-- Mike