Tunnel Rat aka Tom McNaughton has passed away

Ohio's best kept used firearms and accessories market secret. Shop or list your items for sale here. Discussions on this forum should be limited to the negotiation of a sale or trade - New listings will soon be limited to OFCC Members - join OFCC here for unlimited listings!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
By using the For Sale Forum you agree to the rules as outlined in this post. Continued use of the For Sale forum, conducting transactions, or posting here indicates acceptance of these rules which may change without notice.
BB62

Re: Tunnel Rat aka Tom McNaughton has passed away

Post by BB62 »

A damn shame. RIP, Tom.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
BobK

Post by BobK »

NavyChief wrote:My favorite TunnelRat story...
Like many - if not most - combat vet’s Tom never went into a lot of detail about his time in-country. Nonetheless, he did allow as all of his time was spent far, far to the north of that little divided republic. At one point he and his platoon were getting what for them was practically R&R at an FOB. Some REMF ran into the young Captain and commented that was the furthest forward he’d been. Tom (and I can almost hear his booming voice) replied, “Really sir? This is furthest to the rear I’ve been…”
My way of spending some time in remembrance of Tom was to do a search on the word "Viet", author = TunnelRat, and return posts = 1000 characters.

This search:
http://www.ohioccwforums.org/search.php ... mit=Search" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It returns 56 posts where he mentions Viet Nam. He had some interesting stuff to say. It was worth spending the time reading.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
lyptix

Post by lyptix »

Very sorry to hear this.... He was an Ofcc staple...
Gumby

Post by Gumby »

I have been living in Tennessee and haven't been keeping up with my friends here on OhioCCW, and last night when I checked, I saw the sad news about Tom McNaughton. He was a great contributor and a good person. His obituary was incredible and said a lot about him and his family! He will be sadly missed but his testimony to His Wonderful Saviour will live on.
Gumby

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson
Signal 62

Post by Signal 62 »

I had the good fortune of meeting Tom once. He was on his way to a teaching gig in Columbus. One of the kindest people I've ever met, he will be missed.
Just One Shot

Post by Just One Shot »

I've been a member here for a little while and I had never met Tom until this year. We met up on March 28 to make a trade, Tom was very easy to talk with and I could tell right away that he was a true gun enthusiast as well as a great guy. He made me a good offer for my Sig P239 SAS and I wanted to give him props on here but he wouldn't allow it since he was a moderator. I wish I had gotten to know him sooner, he is one of the many great people I've had the privilege of meeting through this site. My heart goes out to his family and friends in their time of grieving. May you rest in peace brother!
"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)
BaldOldWhiteGuy

Post by BaldOldWhiteGuy »

Very sorry to hear that.
rightwingpatriot

Post by rightwingpatriot »

I haven't been on this forum for a while, I signed in today and saw this, very sad to read. I only met tunnel rat once when I sold him a rifle, but that short time meeting him was very pleasant. Good man, R.I.P.
corrsk

Post by corrsk »

It's been months since I've taken the time to read the forum. Sadly this is the first post I came across. Tom was a great guy. My interactions with him were primarily trades, so unfortunately the best thing I have to offer is he was always the person I preferred to deal with. I wish I could offer more. Every meeting resulted in a great conversation. I'll miss those most.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
PM for class info

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Patriots- ... 1429217356" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sts47

Post by sts47 »

with illness and surgery, i haven't been on in a long while. Tom will be missed.

Guys and gals, live your life so there's no regrets.
The pen is mightier than the sword ... if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.
The pen might not be mightier than the sword, but maybe the printing press was heavier than the siege weapon. Just a few words can change everything.
Sometimes, the best answer is a more interesting question.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Thought I'd share the only, (I think), conversation I had with him and it was on her....never met him in person,( though I wish I could have). It was just a few post's but He sounded like he was a great man from conversations on here....wish I could have met him!

Here's a link to "our" conversation on here if anyone's interested. :)

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=81656" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
Charlotte

Post by Charlotte »

oh sad may god bless him rest in peace
see all the anavar review