New Guy from Hancock County, Lots of Q's

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

kaze

New Guy from Hancock County, Lots of Q's

Post by kaze »

Hey all,

I'm just going to lay this all out as concisely as I can, and hope I'm in the right place.

I've recently become interested in obtaining my CHL. I was an avid shooter growing up (rifles, pistols, shotguns, all kinds), but lost interest as I got older and moved to the city. This was well before Ohio allowed CCW. So a little while back I went to a local shop to purchase a pistol, and this is where things get complicated.

I was denied on my background check, so I sent a request for clarification on the denial. It came back to an arrest I had from I believe 2006 for drug possession. I was given intervention in lieu of conviction for the charge, as it was the first and only time I was in that kind of trouble. I completed the intervention around 2011 and pretty much went on with my life and put it behind me. I haven't had so much as a speeding ticket since 2006. My understanding was that the case was dismissed and my 2A rights were restored upon completion of treatment/probation.

I've tried researching it as much as I can on my own, and everything I'm finding indicates I should not be a prohibited person. If this is the wrong forum for this type of post, I apologize, I was just hoping maybe this would be a good place for advice or information on my situation.

Thanks.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: New Guy from Hancock County, Lots of Q's

Post by Javelin Man »

Welcome to the forums! :)

As for the questions, there are more intelligent people then me on these forums that might know the answer, but definitely know more than me. 8)
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Welcome to the forums!

Can you provide more details? Like exactly what section were you originally charged with, and what is the disposition of the case (you may have to go back to the county to get a copy if you don't still have one).
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

Welcome to the forum.