Good guy with gun halts the beating of pizza delivery driver

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Good guy with gun halts the beating of pizza delivery driver

Post by Bruenor »

Way to go !
https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/pre ... xclyQPmsL/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Two more people are in custody following an attack on a pregnant pizza delivery driver in southwest Atlanta, Atlanta police said Thursday.
Dennis Madaris heard the woman’s screams and went outside with his firearm, Daugherty said.

“When I came around the corner here, I saw three people were beating on this lady. One of them had a gun,” Madaris told Channel 2 Action News. “One of them turned around and he had the gun in his hand. I told him, ‘Drop the gun or I will drop you!’ And they threw the gun down and all three of them took off.”
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
M-Quigley

Re: Good guy with gun halts the beating of pizza delivery dr

Post by M-Quigley »

Although it's good what they did, the good guy got lucky from a tactical standpoint. Has it been so long they forgot what happened to that Atlanta cop who tried the same tactic, only to get killed? The goal should be to survive, not survive a possible shootout, if the bad guy chooses that route.

One of them had a gun,” Madaris told Channel 2 Action News. “One of them turned around and he had the gun in his hand. I told him, ‘Drop the gun or I will drop you!’
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I once made a comment like that at dinner one night with a current LEO and a retired LEO at the table.
I said, that if I was present at an armed robbery I would ask the perp, "Do you believe in God, because you are about to meet him if you don't drop that gun."
They looked at me like I had grown a second head.
They both said that in that situation they would give no warning and just aim at center of mass and fire until there was no longer a threat.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

AlanM wrote:I once made a comment like that at dinner one night with a current LEO and a retired LEO at the table.
I said, that if I was present at an armed robbery I would ask the perp, "Do you believe in God, because you are about to meet him if you don't drop that gun."
They looked at me like I had grown a second head.
They both said that in that situation they would give no warning and just aim at center of mass and fire until there was no longer a threat.
A lot of the failed defensive situations I've read about involved:
  1. "negotiating"
  2. warning shots
  3. shooting to wound
If you're certain of the circumstances, once the guns come out, the time for talk has ended.

The criminal with the gun made a choice, and as long as he has that gun (or knife or club) in his hand, I'm going to hold him to it.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.