Miamisburg, Montgomery county

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
BEAR!

Miamisburg, Montgomery county

Post by BEAR! »

I live in Miamisburg and we are having our bi-centennial celebration this month.

So the council is having most of the festivities in a new park that they have been dumping tons of money into for the past few years and today I received the Civic Focus book that they send out and on the back page it has a list of things that are prohibited at events at Riverfront Park, the last thing on the list is weapons.

I have contacted a friend who is active in the city government for a clarification on "weapons" and will post about what I'm told.

Thanks
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
ArmedAviator

Re: Miamisburg, Montgomery county

Post by ArmedAviator »

My 1911 is not a weapon, it's an equalizer :roll:

I'll be at many of the festivities - armed.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

ArmedAviator wrote:My 1911 is not a weapon, it's an equalizer :roll:

Just make sure that it is a government owned park and that the festivities are not run by a private organization.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

schmieg wrote:

Just make sure that it is a government owned park and that the festivities are not run by a private organization.
Thanks Schmieg, I know the park is owned by the city but I'm betting they will say the festivities are run by private committees. They have a spring fling and it has the spring fling committee, the Artisans festival and their committee etc. etc.
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

BEAR! wrote:
schmieg wrote:

Thanks Schmieg, I know the park is owned by the city but I'm betting they will say the festivities are run by private committees. They have a spring fling and it has the spring fling committee, the Artisans festival and their committee etc. etc.
If the committee is a subdivision of the city, it is not private. If it is a private corporation running the show, that private group can post during its function.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand