Why a Michigan address

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

tracker1

Why a Michigan address

Post by tracker1 »

I want to sign up for a membership and start making donations, I was going to pay with the check and they want me to mail it to Michigan. When I click on the hyperlink “why Michigan” I just get a file not found.
What is up with the Michigan address? I’m kind of not good with that.
Member - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
Bigger Bullets Leave Bigger Marks
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Why a Michigan address

Post by schmieg »

tracker1 wrote:I want to sign up for a membership and start making donations, I was going to pay with the check and they want me to mail it to Michigan. When I click on the hyperlink “why Michigan” I just get a file not found.
What is up with the Michigan address? I’m kind of not good with that.
The Michigan address is a mail service that allows various administrative members of OFCC to access the mail simultaneously online and have mail forwarded to the appropriate personnel as well as deposit checks into our bank account. This was set up because the officers and coordinators of OFCC are located all over the state. The Michigan firm was chosen because it provided the most services for the least cost.

Be assured that OFCC is Ohio based and solely Ohio.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Like Schmeig said, it was the best option for the money. They offer more services than similar service in OH, that cost much more.

For years we had our mail going to PO boxes, the last one being in Avon OH. We had to rely on a volunteer to check the mail at least once a week, and then let everyone know what was in the box, and then arrange for it to either be mailed, or picked up by the individual that was processing whatever was there. I used to drive 30-35 minutes to check the Avon box, when I was doing it, and it can be a pain to deal with. By using the mailbox service, we can check everything online when it arrives, which cut down on man hours, and wait times to get things processed. When we looked into similar services in OH, they were 3 to 4 times the cost for similar services. The MI address allows OFCC to keep more of it's money, and put it to use where it's needed here in OH. :wink:
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
tracker1

Post by tracker1 »

Thank you. I will move forward with my membership and support.
Member - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
Bigger Bullets Leave Bigger Marks
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

tracker1 wrote:Thank you. I will move forward with my membership and support.
Thank you!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852