CHL Renewal Reports

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

08 Cayenne

Re: CHL Renewal Reports

Post by 08 Cayenne »

Called Belmont county today, first appointment available is May 10.
Coffeedave

Post by Coffeedave »

I renewed my carry license in Medina Jan. 10th 2018 . Got it back in 3 weeks mailed to my house.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I'm at five weeks and three days with renewal through Clermont County right now. No joy. Got my original and renewals there since 2004, never took more than a couple weeks. Given how fast most counties process renewals these days, Clermont sucks!

New sheriff there in the last election, think I might complain to the county commissioners (his bosses) about the slow service.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

My license showed up in the mail yesterday, finally. Took 42 days, from the county I've used since 2004. Lived at my present address since 1993.

Not happy with the wait, and the fact they cut two weeks off my next five years. Think a visit to the Clermont County Auditor, and Commissioners, is in order.

********************************************************************************
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Anyone that turns the renewal application early has the chance of "loosing" days. The new date is base on their issue date, not your expiration date. Always been that way.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Clermont County didn't shorten the date with my first renewal in 2008. Only lopped off a week or so in 2013. Now I've lost a month or so from the original issuance date.

It's not handled consistently across Ohio, Cruise.

Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Brian D. wrote:Clermont County didn't shorten the date with my first renewal in 2008. Only lopped off a week or so in 2013. Now I've lost a month or so from the original issuance date.

It's not handled consistently across Ohio, Cruise.
Nothing new about consistently in the Sheriff Departments!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
k3m1c6

Post by k3m1c6 »

Renewed today in Franklin county. 11:30 appointment, arrived at 11:15 walked out with renewed license at 11:28!

13 minutes!

The ladies where quite friendly!
Tim92G

Post by Tim92G »

Made my appointment last week online for today at 2pm, arrived at 1:30 and was on my way back home by 1:50 with my new license. This is my 3rd renewal with Franklin county. And only $3.00 to park.
ulwbob
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by ulwbob »

Had a 20 minute appointment with Warren County SO for renewal. Arrived exactly on time and waited about two minutes. Lady called me back by my first name and already had my old picture and application displayed. Their web site said no pictures required because they take them onsite. I had my old CHL and DL and $50 in hand which she took. Had me stand in front of the camera for my new picture and retook my fingerprints. Printed the new one and I was out the door in 10 minutes from arrival. Friendly and knowledgeable and fast. Couldn't ask for more. Helps if both sides are prepared. THANKS to WCSO!
Bob
Mason, Ohio
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

ulwbob wrote:Had a 20 minute appointment with Warren County SO for renewal. Arrived exactly on time and waited about two minutes. Lady called me back by my first name and already had my old picture and application displayed. Their web site said no pictures required because they take them onsite. I had my old CHL and DL and $50 in hand which she took. Had me stand in front of the camera for my new picture and retook my fingerprints. Printed the new one and I was out the door in 10 minutes from arrival. Friendly and knowledgeable and fast. Couldn't ask for more. Helps if both sides are prepared. THANKS to WCSO!
Same thing for me today. I was impressed as I was expecting to have to return to pick it up. She handed it to me then. She said they actually run most of your info when you apply for a renewal as they can find it in the CHL database. If something comes back on fingerprints that doesn't match what they ran by name, they will suspend the license and send you a letter. She said new applicants take about two weeks.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Coffeedave

Post by Coffeedave »

My wife Renewed her Permit in Medina. Got it back in 2 1/2 Weeks.
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

Lorain County (#47) called for appointment 5/7/18.

I needed a Saturday appointment so booked 6/2/18.

License ready for pickup two days later 6/4/18.

Great experience all around.
welshj

Post by welshj »

Fulton county renewal today.

My only hiccup was setting up an appointment.
They only do them on certain days.

I kept getting a voicemail, i called three times.
Lady called me back and left a voicemail for me, but at work- i couldn't answer my phone.
I finally just went in person. First available was a week and a half out. (Today)

I showed up early, she took my application, old chl and check for $50- as another gentleman didn't have one filled out- and took me in.

A major (rank) officer in the department took my app, then my picture, and then digital prints.
Ran my background, handed me back my old CHL with a slip of paper letting me know to come pick my new CHL on the 29th.
Told me i had a 30 day grace period, and i could carry on my expired chl til then.

Very courteous and proffessional, and nobody asked me if i "was currently carrying my weapon at this time!" Unlike my initial application. Smh...

Took 15-20 minutes in and out.
Six months in Bosnian conflict in '98.
Two tours in Iraq '03-'04 & '05-'06
Currently deploying daily to toledo, oh! :)
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

8/7/2018 --Hardin County Renewal appointment. HCSO took photo. Easy, pleasant process.

8/14 --Received phone call that I could pick it up at my leisure.
Told them it may be a bit as I was at that moment,currently in-patient @ St. Ritas Hospital in Lima.
Released from their tender mercies yesterday,I'll likely make the trip to the Sheriff's office next week when I feel stronger.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.