I Need a Carry-friendly Place to Stay in Cleveland

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

kirpan

I Need a Carry-friendly Place to Stay in Cleveland

Post by kirpan »

My parents are getting too old to make the pilgrimage from Central PA to the Cleveland Clínic on their own. I'm obliged to drive them out, hang for a few days, and then return them. I started to research motels/hotel, but so far anything near the Clinic is a no-go. Anybody got any ideas for me? And yes, I have a Utah license.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: I Need a Carry-friendly Place to Stay in Cleveland

Post by qmti »

I wasn't aware that motels were now posting "No Guns". I traveled out west last year and had no problem with motels. Is the city requiring motels inside the city limits to be posted?
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

If you are calling hotels and asking you’re going about it wrong. None of the hotels I’m aware of near the Clinic are posted.
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

I stayed in the Hilton just down from the stadium for my last trip to Cleveland Clinic. No problems other than the painfully slow valet. Room was comfortable, breakfast was good enough.

That sounds rather snobbish doesn't it. Full disclosure, it was the least expensive available at the time.
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

And please do not call ahead and ask about firearm policies.

EVER!
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

The only hotel I've ever seen posted in Ohio was Kalahari. Come to think of it, those two are the only ones I've seen in the country.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

concreteguy wrote:The only hotel I've ever seen posted in Ohio was Kalahari. Come to think of it, those two are the only ones I've seen in the country.
At one time the Hyatt attached to the Columbus Convention center was posted. Not sure if it still is. I only noticed when I was at a conference and walked through the hotel lobby during a lunch break. It was kind of funny because there were probably 50 people milling about the lobby and entrance area and I'd guess 48 of them were openly packing. I took a walk up Short North to find a decent cup of coffee openly carrying. This was shortly after the Class D rule changes that gave the the Short North Owners Association the vapors. As a social experiment I put my badge in my pocket. Yeah. Nobody noticed.

But back to the point, that's the only hotel I can think of.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

concreteguy wrote:The only hotel I've ever seen posted in Ohio was Kalahari. Come to think of it, those two are the only ones I've seen in the country.
If they worried more about the condition of the Duct work hanging 70 feet in the air it would be a safer place. :roll:
Black Rifles Matter
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

A couple of the state park lodges were posted last time I was there, but that was quite a few years ago.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

I believe Great Wolf Lodges post as well.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

A Holiday Inn in Tiffin was posted where my daughter worked. I sent an email about it and my daughter got fired. And the signs were taken down. And the manager fired for posting. My daughter found a better job that didn't advertise safety toward robbers.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

djthomas wrote:
At one time the Hyatt attached to the Columbus Convention center was posted. Not sure if it still is. I only noticed when I was at a conference and walked through the hotel lobby during a lunch break. It was kind of funny because there were probably 50 people milling about the lobby and entrance area and I'd guess 48 of them were openly packing. I took a walk up Short North to find a decent cup of coffee openly carrying. This was shortly after the Class D rule changes that gave the the Short North Owners Association the vapors. As a social experiment I put my badge in my pocket. Yeah. Nobody noticed.

But back to the point, that's the only hotel I can think of.

I didn't notice any signs in the Hyatt this past winter when we used it for a shortcut.