Stopped by Leo one day last week in WVA.

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Dave44142

Stopped by Leo one day last week in WVA.

Post by Dave44142 »

One day last week i was stopped in W.VA. by LEO on i 77 between Ripley and the Ohio River. No problem , i told him that i had a C.C.W. and that i was armed and he said no problem, thanks for informing, He checked my proof of insurance and D.L. and and lack of warrants, and let me go, i think it was a fishing trip but i did give him the opening, he was playing by the rules but looking.....the point of this post was that the ccw and fire arm were no cause for alarm...
God gave us the right to self defense, the second amendment stops the Government from taking it away.
The American Revolution wasn't about tea and taxes — it was about taking guns!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Stopped by Leo one day last week in WVA.

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Good Stop...Now tell s why you were stopped..Please ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Good Stop...Now tell s why you were stopped..Please ?
Maybe driving to slow on the interstate. :roll:
Black Rifles Matter
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

steves 50de wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:Good Stop...Now tell s why you were stopped..Please ?
Maybe driving to slow on the interstate. :roll:
You funny man Mr.
Dave44142

Post by Dave44142 »

Ok, i was stopped because the right side tire of the trailer i had in tow went over the white line
on the right side of the highway twice while the LEO was following me. And that is easy to do, the trailer is a full 8 feet wide, the same width as a full size tractor trailer. And i would guess that he was following me because i had the enclosed trailer and thought it a good place to "Fish"
God gave us the right to self defense, the second amendment stops the Government from taking it away.
The American Revolution wasn't about tea and taxes — it was about taking guns!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Yeah..They do get bored at times..looks like you did everything right.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

If the driver had been driving through Columbus Ohio the LEO wouldn't even have needed a reason. I was pulled over on I-70 by a deputy who admitted when questioned I did nothing illegal. I was driving an empty cargo van. His excuse for pulling me over was and I quote "Only drug dealers drive that way."
MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

M-Quigley wrote:If the driver had been driving through Columbus Ohio the LEO wouldn't even have needed a reason. I was pulled over on I-70 by a deputy who admitted when questioned I did nothing illegal. I was driving an empty cargo van. His excuse for pulling me over was and I quote "Only drug dealers drive that way."

Uh...WHAT?
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

MacDonald wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:If the driver had been driving through Columbus Ohio the LEO wouldn't even have needed a reason. I was pulled over on I-70 by a deputy who admitted when questioned I did nothing illegal. I was driving an empty cargo van. His excuse for pulling me over was and I quote "Only drug dealers drive that way."

Uh...WHAT?
That was kind of my response on the outside. I didn't express it however at the time. What I should've done was request any dash cam video from the Sheriffs dept and filed a complaint. I was tired though and just wanted to get home at the time. I had rode a Greyhound bus all night to arrive in Baltimore in the morning, and drove all day back with the van to western Ohio.

When he pulled me over I thought it was for a tail light out, because I occasionally had a problem with one of the taillight assemblies not making a good ground connection, but it was working fine at that time.

When he approached the car, he opened the passenger side door, with his hand on his handgun, stuck his head inside and looked toward the back of the van, asking me, "What are you hauling?" Not only was the cargo van empty, it didn't even have an interior in the back, just bare metal and steel ribbings. When I asked him why he pulled me over, he gave me a bunch of different reasons, all of which were legal. When I pointed that out to him, that's when he made that comment. So for that deputy, strictly obeying the law was PC for him to stop me. :?

As I drove westbound on I-70 in Ohio, I saw a billboard with a picture of an OSP trooper that said he was trooper of the month. He wasn't trooper of the month because he saved a child from a burning car or anything like that, he happened to pull a car over that had a lot of drugs in it. :roll: I don't know if that kind of stuff is what influenced this deputy or not.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Pulled you over for no reason AND just opened the vehicle's door out of the blue? That is some seriously messed up BS. And people wonder why many have no respect or concern for LEOs.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

WY_Not wrote:Pulled you over for no reason AND just opened the vehicle's door out of the blue? That is some seriously messed up BS. And people wonder why many have no respect or concern for LEOs.
Keep doors locked a crack open window to hand out DL. :wink:
Black Rifles Matter