What to Say to Nosy Neighbors Who Ask About Ammo Deliveries

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

High Power

Re: What to Say to Nosy Neighbors Who Ask About Ammo Deliver

Post by High Power »

TSiWRX wrote:[quote="Bruenor"
I just want to know why your inflatable comfort doll looks like a sheep.... :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:oops:
:shock:[/quote]
Wool car seat covers?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

My recent purchases have been from http://ammunitionstore.com. They are in Massillon. If you put in their address as the shipping address they will have it ready for you to pick up. Once I did not have time to pick an order up so gave my address for shipping. They called and said “hey you’re so close, do you want to save the shipping and pick this up?” I appreciated the effort but asked them to ship it anyhow.
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Bruenor wrote:Boxes are just kindling used to help start the coal furnace (winter), or firepit (spring, summer, Fall).

I just want to know why your inflatable comfort doll looks like a sheep.... :twisted:
That's just Baaaaaaaad!
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Because he's Scottish? :twisted:
Bruenor wrote:Boxes are just kindling used to help start the coal furnace (winter), or firepit (spring, summer, Fall).

Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

freedommunitions.com has shipping sales periodically and stocks both new and re-manufactured ammo. Getting on their mailing list couldn't hurt.
Note: The re-manufactured stuff will give you good practice with FTF drills. Usually due to primers seated too deep. about 1%
Good place for once used clean brass.

Then there's Ammomen, again get on their mailing list. Can't hurt.

Currently they've got Remington .22lr case lots on sale with free shipping.
6,300 Rd (Case) - Remington Golden Bullet .22 LR 36 Gr CPHP
*FREE SHIPPING*
(1622C)
Sale price $298.50 ( 4.7 cents per round)

I just cringe when I get an email from Cheaper Than Dirt. It's a misnomer.
AlanM
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
ppfd

Post by ppfd »

scottb wrote:My recent purchases have been from http://ammunitionstore.com. They are in Massillon. If you put in their address as the shipping address they will have it ready for you to pick up. Once I did not have time to pick an order up so gave my address for shipping. They called and said “hey you’re so close, do you want to save the shipping and pick this up?” I appreciated the effort but asked them to ship it anyhow.
Never heard of these guys. Im in Akron all the time, do they have a store front, or is it all orders on line?
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

No store front. When you order and put in their address for delivery it goes to a pick up status. Call them when you’re ready and they will have it at the window for you.
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

I just ordered a couple cases of 5.56 from https://www.targetsportsusa.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; First time I've ordered from them
Shipping was free for this special,
Repackaging the cases of ammo in a nondescript box was a free option at checkout.
There was a charge if I wanted shipping insurance.
Showed up as two plain boxes with the basic ORMD sticker on the side.

Overall I'm pretty happy with my order from them, they just happened to have the best price on the particular manufacturers ammo I was interested in through the ammo-seek search engine.

AlanM I'm pretty sure CTD honors unsubscribe requests, I haven't received a catalog or email from them for several years.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Bruenor wrote:AlanM I'm pretty sure CTD honors unsubscribe requests, I haven't received a catalog or email from them for several years.
I'm sure you're correct. I just haven't done that because of the giggles I get when I scan their emails.
AlanM
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Bruenor wrote:I just ordered a couple cases of 5.56 from https://www.targetsportsusa.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; First time I've ordered from them....

Overall I'm pretty happy with my order from them, they just happened to have the best price on the particular manufacturers ammo I was interested in through the ammo-seek search engine.
I've used them a few times in the past - decent prices and on-time shipping. They also maintained reasonable pricing during the shortage/craze days.

-----

BTW, for those interested, SGAmmo out of Stillwater, OK, ships (for very reasonable flat rates, and both the lead time as well as actual transit times are openly posted) in plain outer cardboard as a part of their standard processing. Just the little blue ORMD "Small Arms Cartrdiges" sticker. Their pricing may not always be the lowest around (although many times it is - even with shipping factored in), but they are always competitive. It's almost always my first stop when ammo shopping, now, particularly as they're an independent family business.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

AlanM wrote:freedommunitions.com has shipping sales periodically and stocks both new and re-manufactured ammo. Getting on their mailing list couldn't hurt.
Note: The re-manufactured stuff will give you good practice with FTF drills. Usually due to primers seated too deep. about 1%

*FREE SHIPPING*
(1622C)

There is no sane way to seat a primer too deep. Other than 50BMG they just get shoved firmly to the bottom of the primer pocket.

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
High Power

Post by High Power »

I see that Midway has a sale on Israeli manufactured, 62 grain muffler bearings. It’s time for me to stock up again. My car goes through a lot of those little buggers.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

willbird wrote:
AlanM wrote:freedommunitions.com has shipping sales periodically and stocks both new and re-manufactured ammo. Getting on their mailing list couldn't hurt.

*FREE SHIPPING*
(1622C)

There is no sane way to seat a primer too deep. Other than 50BMG they just get shoved firmly to the bottom of the primer pocket.

Bill
When I transfered my Stoeger Cougar (9mm) to my daughter I also gave her 500 rounds of remanufactured 9mm FMJ from FreedomMunitions plus some Federal HydroShocks. Later I referenced this post from a member of the Utah Defensive Carry forum. She agree, she and her husband had experienced several fail to fires with the ammo and observed that the primers were not flush with the cartridge case.

Is It The Ammo Or Is It The Gun?
Two weekends ago I put 170 rounds (10 mags) of the Freedom Munitions 9mm 115gr remanufactured ammo through my full-size Smith & Wesson M&P. This is my primary carry firearm that's always loaded with Corbon defensive rounds. Out of the 170 remanufactured rounds I had seven that didn't go BANG. Up until then I'd rarely run into a Freedom ammo issue. However, this was a new batch with the same lot number that I'd had around for awhile.

Looking at the primers in the failed rounds the primer strikes appeared shallow. A little closer inspection revealed the primers were sitting ever-so-slightly inside of the casing instead of being flush. I surmised it must therefore be an ammo issue with only a slight possibility of it being a firearm issue. However, I couldn't rule that out. I wanted to figure that out for sure given it's my carry firearm.

So, the following week I took both my M&P 9mm full-size and my M&P 9mm Shield and about 250 rounds of the same Freedom remanufactured ammo. The M&P Shield is my secondary carry firearm (I use Corbon defensive rounds in it as well) that I usually carry during hot weather when wearing lighter clothing. I experienced about the same percentage of FTGB's with the remanufactured ammo with both firearms. The primers in the failed ammo exhibited the same light strikes and primers sitting slightly inside the cases.
AlanM
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

willbird wrote:There is no sane way to seat a primer too deep. Other than 50BMG they just get shoved firmly to the bottom of the primer pocket.
Actually, there is - the anvil of the primer makes contact with the bottom of the primer pocket before the rim of the primer cup. Once the anvil is firmly seated, the primer will be flush or a couple thousandths below flush. Continuing to seat the primer deeper crushes the disc of priming compound and often results in a failure to ignite.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!