Palace Theater in Marion, Ohio

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ptn

Palace Theater in Marion, Ohio

Post by ptn »

I noticed that there are no gun buster signs at the entrances to the Palace Theater in Marion. Does that mean it's OK to carry when attending a concert?
docachna

Re: Palace Theater in Marion, Ohio

Post by docachna »

ptn wrote:I noticed that there are no gun buster signs at the entrances to the Palace Theater in Marion. Does that mean it's OK to carry when attending a concert?
It's operated by the Palace Cultural Arts Association. You may want to check the Marion County Auditor's website and see who owns it (i.e., government entity ?). Also Secretary of State to see if they are an Ohio corporation.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
ptn

Post by ptn »

Checking with the auditor's office shows it is owned by the palace Cultural Art Association which is a non profit group. It receives money from the Ohio Arts Council which is a state agency. I'm not finding information which suggests the theater is a government owned building.
docachna

Post by docachna »

ptn wrote:Checking with the auditor's office shows it is owned by the palace Cultural Art Association which is a non profit group. It receives money from the Ohio Arts Council which is a state agency. I'm not finding information which suggests the theater is a government owned building.
Palace CAA has been a non-profit since 1975. Doesn't appear this is a government building. If they're not posted, appears like it's safe to carry on !

(remember - don't call and ask !) :)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Sneakypete
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Sneakypete »

Palace CAA has been a non-profit since 1975. Doesn't appear this is a government building. If they're not posted, appears like it's safe to carry on !

(remember - don't call and ask !)

Remember - concealed means concealed.
Duty, Honor, Country.
These three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.
-Gen Douglas MacArthur

You have never lived until you have almost died.
For those who have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know.
ptn

Post by ptn »

The Palace Theater is rare example of what theaters were nearly a hundred years ago. Being there is a bit like going back in time. Last night we went there for a Pure Prairie League and Firefall concert. I didn't call and ask about their concealed carry policy and since the place is not signed, I assumed it was OK to carry. Thanks for your input gentlemen.
mike1956

Post by mike1956 »

It is not a government building, and is not posted.
westsidebestside

Post by westsidebestside »

Good to know, we're headed there in a couple of weeks to see Flatt Lonesome.