Late Night TV

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Late Night TV

Post by qmti »

I have pretty much quit watching late night TV shows. Jimmy Fallon, Steven Colbert, and SNL have all become the liberal Democrats late night propaganda shows. I'd love to have the "killer bees", the "cone heads", and Eddie Murphy's neighborhood back again on SNL. But good comedy is dead.
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Late Night TV

Post by dustymedic »

qmti wrote:But good comedy is dead.
That's because of our culture's extreme political correctness now. Look a " Blazing Saddles". Probably one of the funniest movies ever made. Mel Brooks said recently that there was no way he could funding and approval to make that movie today...
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Johnny Carson would occasionally bomb a joke, he'd turn to Ed and say, "Too soon for a Lincoln joke?"

Yes, the current generation of late night jokesters are anything butt. Pun intended.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

I saw a clip of that James Corden talking gun control the other day. He came to our country to make his fortune and thinks we should be like the brits.
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Even comedians are noticing the Late Night dredge...but we have computers now.

Here is one show that discusses it...and is funny...
FCC regulations are switched off, however, laugh at your own risk.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

I've been watching Kimmel for years. Thought he leaned Libertarian. Then he started a relationship with Hollywood and he has really changed since then.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

kcclark wrote:I've been watching Kimmel for years. Thought he leaned Libertarian. Then he started a relationship with Hollywood and he has really changed since then.
His former on air partner from " The Man Show", Adam Corolla, is definitely conservative/libertarian. You see how THAT has worked out for him, trying to climb the show biz ladder?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Brian D. wrote:
kcclark wrote:I've been watching Kimmel for years. Thought he leaned Libertarian. Then he started a relationship with Hollywood and he has really changed since then.
His former on air partner from " The Man Show", Adam Corolla, is definitely conservative/libertarian. You see how THAT has worked out for him, trying to climb the show biz ladder?
Corolla is a podcast kingpin...he is thriving, just in a different, more modern form of media.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

bignflnut wrote:
Brian D. wrote:
Corolla is a podcast kingpin...he is thriving, just in a different, more modern form of media.
He's making Kimmel-level money?

********************************************************************************
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Brian D. wrote:
I'm not comparing their 1040s, clearly Kimmel is more acceptable to the Holly-weird crowd. So social status is Advantage Kimmel, if you like.

Corolla ain't destitute, living in swanky California.
Much of Corolla's wealth is in vintage vehicles...

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

I've got a Late Night show for you...and they've got Larry Pratt!

Why have a coyote brown mag in a black rifle?

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

bignflnut wrote:
Brian D. wrote:
I'm not comparing their 1040s, clearly Kimmel is more acceptable to the Holly-weird crowd. So social status is Advantage Kimmel, if you like.

Corolla ain't destitute, living in swanky California.
Much of Corolla's wealth is in vintage vehicles...
Glad Adam was able to parlay his earlier success into hopefully bigger and better things. As I recall, before and during his stand up comedy career, he had real jobs like home construction/remodeling. Seems like a mentally grounded real person.

That would be the exception among actors/entertainers though.

kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

bignflnut wrote:
Brian D. wrote:
I listen to Adam once in a while. I like him but there are only so many hours in the day.

http://adamcarolla.com/episodes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;