Yer Favorite .22 pistol

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Yer Favorite .22 pistol

Post by bignflnut »

Looking into a SW22 Victory (upgradable/easy to clean) for some youth training.

What does the community here think is a good .22 semi-auto plinking pistol option?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
BadCrosshairDay

Re: Yer Favorite .22 pistol

Post by BadCrosshairDay »

Not a semi auto, but my favorite 22 of any kind is the Smith and Wesson Model 63 5 inch revolver. Haven't really found the 22 semi autos to be much fun.

Not easy to upgrade (it's pretty good stock), but easy to clean if you don't lose track of which cylinder you're on.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Really liked shooting my Ruger Mark III Hunter... but hated cleaning it. Traded it. Still have a stainless Ruger Mark II 6" (I think) standard profile - but I don't shoot it because I hate to clean it.

Really enjoying the S&W M&P 22 and 22 compact I picked up recently. And I don't hate cleaning them so I shoot them a lot.

Also like shooting my friend's Ruger SR22. Also don't hate cleaning it, and like it about as much as the M&P 22

Those are the only .22 semi-auto pistols I've got any real experience with. Would be a toss-up between the M&P 22 and Ruger SR22.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Used to have an old at that time H&R revolver and sold it a long time ago. Used to have a Whitney Wolverine and sold it a long time ago. Wish I had them both back......:(

Now I have a Ruger Standard and like it a lot, Mrs has a Ruger SR22 and a Phoenix HP22 (Cheap but a ton of fun!)

I really like the Ruger Standard. With stock sights and no bench can hold a 6" or so group at 50 yards once I settle down.. (Maybe not good for you all but makes me smile!) :)
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

I and anyone else I take with me to the range love shooting my GSG 1911-22. I made a few inexpensive upgrades to it, and it's just plain fun to shoot.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

I will second the M&P 22
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

ArmedAviator wrote:I and anyone else I take with me to the range love shooting my GSG 1911-22. I made a few inexpensive upgrades to it, and it's just plain fun to shoot.
Yep ^ That one! I now have the compact model, the GSG 922. It also is a hoot to shoot! LINK - took the rail off and put wood grips on mine.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
heathen

Post by heathen »

Here's another vote for the GSG 1911-22. Second pick is my Ruger MK2.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

heathen wrote:Here's another vote for the GSG 1911-22. Second pick is my Ruger MK2.
Same here.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
BuckJM53

Post by BuckJM53 »

My Ruger MKIII512 and GSG 1911-22
"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15" - Ronald Reagan
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

My son enjoys the S&W Victory we have - it is probably one of his favorite handguns. That thing is a tack driver.

Me - I like the Victory a lot, but the M&P 22 Compact edges it out slightly. I like the ergonomics on it slightly better. It's not the tack driver that the Victory is, but it is fun to shoot.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

My P220 with the 22lr conversion installed,followed by my GSG 1911-22 with some CWA upgrades.
https://www.cwaccessories.com/

A friend just got a Ruger MkIV 22/45 "Tactical" with a Vortex Venom red dot. That's sweet also.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

I would go well out of my way to avoid a S&W Victory. While it would be extremely cool if I had a paying job being a product tester, being handed free new guns and ammo to test new products... that call has not come.

I have less than no desire to do S&W's beta testing for them. I spend a lot of time on the S&W forum and I get to see the laundry list of Victory problems and hassles. The loose or dead-locked take down screw and the the extractor that ejects itself while firing, no thanks. Can't imagine more folks active on these pages are knee-deep in S&W love as me, but the stuff coming out of Springfield is questionable at best. Same with Ruger's new and newly recalled Mark IV pistol... this may be a decent one but I'll let other folks spend money to be beta testers for these products that manufacturers refuse to properly test before production.

Great rimfire pistol? The list is crazy long. Quick, easy answer? Ruger Mark II. Another great one... like legendary, "Hall of Fame", grab any second series or later Colt Woodsman, they made scads... tens of thousands and beyond. These guns are inspiring and no, they don't all cost a fortune.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Delta-3

Post by Delta-3 »

My Mk II Ruger 22/45 bull barrel. Insanely accurate!
Rom 13:4 For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil,
be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister,
an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

My Frankenpistol.
A Browning Buckmark with a 10 inch Tactical Solutions bull barrel.
12.75 inch sight radius.
The gun's balance is EXCELLENT, and with the long barrel it's "flip" during recoil is non existent.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.