Shooting Ranges and Dealer information.

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jgatsios

Re: Shooting Ranges and Dealer information.

Post by jgatsios »

Keith at the Trading Post in Massillon has been great over the years. He'll charge you $25 over invoice on any firearm. They carry virtually no inventory, but when you want to save a buck and you aren't in a hurry, he's great.
jgatsios

Post by jgatsios »

<<by wright1 on Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:55 pm

I had a very good experience at Kame's in Canton;purchased 3 handguns and some ammo.Nice selection,good prices,Steve behind the counter was very polite,helpful and knowledgable.I'll be going back in a few weeks to purchase a few long guns.>>

Steve at Kame's is very knowledgeable. His is a great opinion to get before making a purchase.
true_pair

Post by true_pair »

Cincinnati, Lebanon, Middletown Area Club/Range

Here is where I go for Trap Skeet Sporting clys rifle and pistol
http://middletownsportsmensclub.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Clays are open to the public. Rifle and Pistol requires membership
"The great object is, that every man be armed"

-- Patrick Henry, speech of June 14 1788
cmarks03

Re:

Post by cmarks03 »

heathen wrote: Bullet Stop - 15445 East Walbridge Road
Graytown, Ohio 43432
http://www.bulletstopinc.com/directions.html
I use the range at Bullet Stop as often as time and finances permit. The owners are overall great people. It's a bit of a drive for me (about a half hour), but it's worth it. Gave me and my buddy the dime tour when we said we used to shoot at Cleland's, and we haven't been back (to Cleland's) since.
- Chris
"I are a engineer"
"I'm not fat - I'm grossly overdesigned" (Morne)
"People can see your gun. Just be sure to reserve the view of the muzzle for the really bad ones." (muxtech)

Though I do have Progressive insurance, IANAL and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. This is my $.02; remember you paid less than that for it.
To D Lake

Post by To D Lake »

ccwincincy wrote:Is there a dealer in the Cincinnati area who is cheaper than Shooter's Supply in Loveland? These guys may not have the huge selections that Target World or Bass Pro have, but so far I haven't been able to find anyone in SW Ohio who can beat or even just match their prices.
I haven't found anyone cheaper or with better service. If they don't have what I want, it's normally only a day or two before it's in-hand. :D
RyeMiles

Post by RyeMiles »

Sherwin Shooting sports in Eastlake is now their only location. You DO NOT need to buy their ammo as was previously mentioned but if you do you get a $4.00 discount on range time. ($18.00 with your ammo $14.00 with ammo purchase. Per vsit not by the hour) Ammo prices are in line with everyone else. You can shoot any caliber up to a .308! 50 ft. range and 14 stalls. They offer a CCW class once a month. 8)
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

bassin98 wrote:We have a new gun dealer in Alliance. Its Henry Burtz Outfiters 2330 S. Mahoning Ave.Alliance Ohio 44601 330-821-8866 He also has planes for an outside range. :D :D
Great I always wanted to shoot planes. (Sorry couldn't help myself, I know you meant plans.)
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
boobare

Post by boobare »

I live in Amherst Ohio; it's by the lake. I have been having trouble finding large pistol primers. does anyone know of a dealer close enough to me that has primers in stock? Help!! I'm also looking for an outdoor range in my area so if any members of any area clubs see this post, give me a shout about your club and range!!!
P.S. BT Range in Lorain is a nice and helpful place to shoot, reasonable too!
Ghost Recon

Post by Ghost Recon »

RyeMiles wrote:Sherwin Shooting sports in Eastlake is now their only location. You DO NOT need to buy their ammo as was previously mentioned but if you do you get a $4.00 discount on range time. ($18.00 with your ammo $14.00 with ammo purchase. Per vsit not by the hour) Ammo prices are in line with everyone else. You can shoot any caliber up to a .308! 50 ft. range and 14 stalls. They offer a CCW class once a month. 8)
I wonder about their ventilation. I was in there by myself several weeks ago and took off my hearing protection. I could not hear any exhaust fans running.
Imcrazy

Good listing of Private and Public Ranges

Post by Imcrazy »

http://www.traderscreek.com/gun_clubs/ohio.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check this out, if your looking for something in particular use the search function of your web browser and a key word, myself I was looking for public ranges so I did a search on public and there are a lot of places available.

Enjoy and pass it on,
-Aaron
Gr8ful

Post by Gr8ful »

I've only been to two different ranges - and I prefer the Powder Room in Powell. They are very laid back and helpful.

A real nice group out there.
Johnny Law

Post by Johnny Law »

Ghost Recon wrote:
RyeMiles wrote:Sherwin Shooting sports in Eastlake is now their only location. You DO NOT need to buy their ammo as was previously mentioned but if you do you get a $4.00 discount on range time. ($18.00 with your ammo $14.00 with ammo purchase. Per vsit not by the hour) Ammo prices are in line with everyone else. You can shoot any caliber up to a .308! 50 ft. range and 14 stalls. They offer a CCW class once a month. 8)
I wonder about their ventilation. I was in there by myself several weeks ago and took off my hearing protection. I could not hear any exhaust fans running.
The same thing happened to me the last time I was there.. I had to ask them to turn the fans on. They are probably saving money on electricity to pay for the new floor mats.
Ghost Recon

Post by Ghost Recon »

Johnny Law wrote:
Ghost Recon wrote:
The same thing happened to me the last time I was there.. I had to ask them to turn the fans on. They are probably saving money on electricity to pay for the new floor mats.
Yeah, the last time I was in there, there was a huge cloud of smoke just hanging in the air. Stonewall has much better ventilation but the bill for range time was $28. You can get a season pass out at Grand River Target Range for $24. We're getting towards the end of outdoor shooting though. Next spring, I'll make a post about GRTR. I shoot out there every week.
hopfen

Springfield area

Post by hopfen »

If members are not aware of it, I thought I'd pass along that the really great Lauhorner's range and dealership seems to have gone out of business.
An armed society is a polite society.
-- Robert A. Heinlein
glove

Re: Cleveland area

Post by glove »

I like A&A for what it is. It really reminds me of Knob Creek in the early '80s before the machinegun shoots started. Aside from the trap & skeet ranges, it's just big, open fields where you can shoot plastic milk jugs if you want. Even the gunstore (when I last went there in the '90s) reminded me of the gunstore at Knob Creek.

Hello
Where is A&A Located?
Dave
NRA Life Member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club Member 72-75