Hello; Newly Licensed in Ohio

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Greenleaf4902

Hello; Newly Licensed in Ohio

Post by Greenleaf4902 »

Received my CC License and have a ton of questions so I hope to get the 411 on the CC. I have registered on another site and didnt receive the most warmest of welcomes. It seems their opinion was everyone is doing it because it is cool and hip. Unless I have valid reason to do so, I shouldn't.

I need practical help and seeking answers. Have watched a number of YouTube videos and the information portrayed nearly made my head explode. Wow. I couldn't take many of them seriously.

I have grown up with guns and am very well versed in them. I'm in mid 40's so maturity isn't an issue. Working for public school so CC is going to be rare. Weekend will be much the same. So it may be pointless to have this permit. I will have to see how this plays out.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Hello; Newly Licensed in Ohio

Post by JustaShooter »

Welcome to OFCC! I think you'll find this a friendly place - as with any online forum there are varied personalities and opinions but this group is one of the best I've participated in, and is well moderated. Hopefully we can help out with your questions, and I encourage you to stick around and continue to participate once they are answered.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Oh, and before I forget, where are you located? You might consider putting your general location in your profile so people know where you are, which can help - especially in the classifieds.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Welcome! As a school teacher myself, carrying a gun in my place of work or even leaving in my vehicle isn't an option, but I carry everywhere else. Stick around, read a lot, learn a ton..
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Welcome! While you may not be able to carry, or even keep handy, a lot that doesn't mean you should get the license. Just means you'll likely go straight to and from places when you can't carry! When I'm going somewhere I can't carry or keep it in the car, I go straight there and straight back home. If it means a little bit of extra driving, it's worth it. Not sure where you love, but feel free to stop in at some of the gun shows where OFCC has a table. Pretty sure we'll be at the Summit County show on December 3rd & 4th and Medina County the weekend after. Always glad to help people out there. I'll be at both shows but will likely be helping a friend with his tables, but we have great people at the tables these days.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
Sneakypete
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Sneakypete »

Welcome to the forums, and to the world of concealed carry. Don't be afraid to ask questions, that's how we learn. (the only stupid question is the one not asked) :)
Duty, Honor, Country.
These three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.
-Gen Douglas MacArthur

You have never lived until you have almost died.
For those who have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Welcome, If I was you, and be lucky I'm not.....hehe.......I would out the other organization so we could make fun of them. Stick around and enjoy the level of information you will receive here.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Pops Fun »

Welcome, enjoy.
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Glad to have you and look forward to seeing you be an active forum member.

If you like what ya see, consider joining OFCC as a patron member or site supporter. The more members we have, the stronger we are as a gun rights organization.

Again, welcome to our forums.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

Welcome to the forum.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Welcome Greenleaf. By the way this thread isn't one of those hundreds I told you to go study. Hey, are you chewing gum? {Stamping foot angrily, arms folded across chest} I hope you brought enough for everybody! :mrgreen:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Brian D. wrote:Welcome Greenleaf. By the way this thread isn't one of those hundreds I told you to go study. Hey, are you chewing gum? {Stamping foot angrily, arms folded across chest} I hope you brought enough for everybody! :mrgreen:
And bring the nametags! :P
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Welcome to OFCC..lots of crazy people out there....carry as often as you can..there is a saying in the CC community that goes like this.."..Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.."not sure if you heard that before. Any way , safe safe out there....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Hello and welcome.. :)
I've got to go here already -
Greenleaf4902 wrote:Received my CC License and have a ton of questions so I hope to get the 411 on the CC. I have registered on another site and didn't receive the most warmest of welcomes. It seems their opinion was everyone is doing it because it is cool and hip. Unless I have valid reason to do so, I shouldn't....
I'm in mid 40's so maturity isn't an issue. Working for public school so CC is going to be rare. Weekend will be much the same. So it may be pointless to have this permit. I will have to see how this plays out.
Hmmm, a valid reason to get a CHL.. Let's see - How about 1) I enjoy taking up space above ground, pursuing what I believe to be my happiness while I am here. 2) I have family and friends which I love and therefore choose to protect.

To each their own I guess.. a valid reason for a CHL - That's phenomenal thinking. :roll: quite the pro-2A group there.

Personally, I find that anywhere I can carry, I do. If not non-felony-legally possible, I don't and at that point it's kept as secure and close at hand as reasonably possible. We don't get to choose when Jonny/Jenny bad guy present themselves and what threat level they bring with them.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
Lonewolf

Post by Lonewolf »

Welcome fto the Forum!