Boarder Patrol ICE Agent

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jh2056

Boarder Patrol ICE Agent

Post by jh2056 »

I met an ICE Agent at a Subway Shop by Cleveland Hopkins Airport, he was in line behind me dressed in full uniform with what looked like a cannon in his holster. Am I required to notify him that I am a CCW holder and that I was armed at the time?
TJW815

Re: Boarder Patrol ICE Agent

Post by TJW815 »

Getting a sandwich isn't a "stop for law enforcement purposes".
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

No more than you would be required to tell him you were an illegal alien.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

TJW815 wrote:Getting a sandwich isn't a "stop for law enforcement purposes".
Jh2056, remember this phrasing, it's what's required in Ohio regarding notification. And, welcome to our forums!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

In other words...NO
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
fyrfytr310

Post by fyrfytr310 »

Nope. Some buy into the philosophy that if he engaged in any casual conversation, go ahead and inform for your own benefit (ie just in case) but you certainly don't have to. Now, if that conversations turns to a legit law-enforcement purpose, you would be required to inform.

Interesting fodder for a case study: What if you are casually engaged in conversation with LE, suddenly the cop thinks you resemble a suspect discussed in a morning brief, they begin asking you questions to that end, you inform and the cops now says you didn't promptly inform despite the previous conversational composition... Wonder if it's ever happened. :?:
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Now we have "Boarder Patrol" agents? What happened to the "Border Patrol" agents?

:?:
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

BB62 wrote:Now we have "Boarder Patrol" agents? What happened to the "Border Patrol" agents?

We had to form a "Boarder Patrol" to repel Pirates from the Caribbean. :twisted:
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I thought Mom was renting him a room
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

BB62 wrote:Now we have "Boarder Patrol" agents? What happened to the "Border Patrol" agents?

They protect the Third Amendment
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand