Open carry walk BGSU - 4/16

Open Carry is carrying a firearm unconcealed in Ohio. OC does not require a concealed handgun license, but the practice requires intimate knowledge of the law since there are places and situations where OC is prohibited but carrying concealed would be permitted. OC is also likely to attract attention. This forum is for discussion of OC, not for debating the pro's and con's or coordinating any type of protest events.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

D-Day
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Open carry walk BGSU - 4/16

Post by D-Day »

"Students, faculty, staff and the community are invited to participate and learn about the law. Smith and anyone else who would like to participate will be meeting in BGSU Lot K near Mercer Road and East Wooster Street at 1 p.m., then walking through campus to downtown where they will have lunch. They will be carrying firearms. The location of the lunch has been secured, but has not been disclosed."

http://m.sent-trib.com/news/open-carry- ... l?mode=jqm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.
Rand Paul 2016
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Open carry walk BGSU - 4/16

Post by Javelin Man »

Sounds like a good time along with great weather for it. Too bad I'm working a gun show in Tiffin that day or else I'd don my BGSU t-shirt and walk along.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

I wish I could join that and a banquet I was invited to on campus that day.....but I've gotta work. :x
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Who is Jeffry Smith and what what organization is he affiliated with?
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

WestonDon wrote:Who is Jeffry Smith and what what organization is he affiliated with?
He is a 2A activist and is (or at least was) a member of OFCC, BFA, OCDO and likely other 2A organizations. However, as far as I'm aware, this walk is not being sponsored by any group, it is just his personal effort to raise awareness.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

OFCC open carry walks did much to move the ball towards the goal line with regards to getting our legislature to pass concealed carry.

Jeffry goes by the username BB62 on our board, as well as BFA and OCDO forums. He has participated in such OC activism in other states as well as all over Ohio.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Brian D. wrote:...
Jeffry goes by the username BB62 on our board, as well as BFA and OCDO forums. He has participated in such OC activism in other states as well as all over Ohio.
And he's tall. Really, really tall.
MyWifeSaidYes
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
Brian D. wrote:...
And he's tall. Really, really tall.
You know MWSY....if you posted a pic of him along side somebody like ....uh .....lets say, yourself, it would drive your point home..... :lol:
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

BB62 is a 5'-21".....ginger. Yes, there, I said it.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I'm 6'2" and I find Jeff to be a man to look up to both literally and figuratively.

He definitely stands out in a crowd.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

AlanM wrote:I'm 6'2" and I find Jeff to be a man to look up to both literally and figuratively.

He definitely stands out in a crowd.
Head and shoulders above everyone else, no? :wink:
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:You know MWSY....if you posted a pic of him along side somebody like ....uh .....lets say, yourself, it would drive your point home..... :lol:
Good idea!

That's Chuck in the center and my little brother on the right.

BB62 is on the left.

And if you think he just looks bigger because he's closer to the camera, he's not. :shock:
MyWifeSaidYes
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Channel 24 out of Toledo had a blurb about this open carry on the news this morning. Before any of their viewer, which number in the tens, wet their pants, they were quick to mention this had already been done at Ohio State University and University of Cincinnati. They didn't mention that there was nothing newsworthy from those open carries.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

Javelin Man wrote:Channel 24 out of Toledo had a blurb about this open carry on the news this morning. Before any of their viewer, which number in the tens, wet their pants, they were quick to mention this had already been done at Ohio State University and University of Cincinnati. They didn't mention that there was nothing newsworthy from those open carries.
On YouTube, there's HD video of the events at The Ohio State University and the University of Akron, as well as both events at the City of Oberlin, and one of the Patriot's Day events at the Statehouse. Peaceful and friendly, every one ... well, except the lady in black who was ranting at BB62 in Oberlin.

And if I take up my wife's offer to take her car (mine has a dangling muffler that can't be fixed until Monday), there will be video of this one, too.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:And if you think he just looks bigger because he's closer to the camera, he's not. :shock:
And if there's any confusion, you can always verify by looking for the horizontal stripe polo shirt. :wink:
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.