Found a non posted theater

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Found a non posted theater

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Movies Ten in Nelsonville, just northwest of Athens on 33. http://www.moviesten.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

First run movies. $4 admission ($6 for 3D movies).

Large video and game arcade with redemption center.

Snack bar with $5 pizzas, fries, cheese sticks, onion rings, tenderloin sandwiches, etc., all of which you may take into the theaters.

Large popcorn=$3, large soft drinks=$1.50, candy=$1.50

And from my exit in Logan to all but the last 1/2 mile before the theater, Rt. 33 is 70MPH (It's 55MPH from the theater to Ohio University).

But the best part is that it's NOT posted.

If I knew any better, I'd say your "really" go'in there for the food...not to see a movie! :lol:
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:If I knew any better, I'd say your "really" go'in there for the food...not to see a movie! :lol:
They DO have a tasty double sausage pizza.

:mrgreen:
MyWifeSaidYes
join or die

Post by join or die »

Atlas Cinemas in Elyria is not posted.
The government, or anyone else for that matter, doesn't have the right to tell me what i need or don't need.
Buckeyedoc

Post by Buckeyedoc »

Colony 7 Cinemas here in Lebanon is not posted. In fact, the manager was carrying the other day IWB. It's nice to see someone else thinking about his patron's safety. All movies are $5 and they have THE BEST movie popcorn ever.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Eastgate Brew and View out east of Cincinnati, right next to Jungle Jim's. (JJ bought the cinema and revamped it into the dining/drinking-while-watching-the-flick format.)Was out there for an event at the store last week and had some time to kill, they showed me one of the theatres not in use at that time. Pretty nice, actually.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
ArmedPatriots

Post by ArmedPatriots »

Curzyk wrote:My local theater of choice, if/when I choose to go to one is Marcus Cinemas (North Columbus). They have the giant IMAX screens, stadium seating, and aren't posted.

Edited to add: And I typically buy a large soda to promote their continued existence since it carries a large profit margin for them.
Marcus is great. We saw CA Civil War and are going to see the new Xmen this week or next.
The Crosswoods location is the best cinema Ive been to yet.
Isnt it ironic that the anti gun agenda response to defenseless people being murdered is to try to make them even more defenseless...
Buckeyedoc

Post by Buckeyedoc »

We took the kids to Dixie Twin drive-in for the double feature. Anyway, I'm carrying as usual. I take 2 of our boys to the concession stand and lo and behold, there's the manager open carrying a Glock. It was nice to see others carrying. I know it's not a standard movie theater, but you can carry there.
Ray

Post by Ray »

Buckeyedoc wrote:We took the kids to Dixie Twin drive-in for the double feature. Anyway, I'm carrying as usual. I take 2 of our boys to the concession stand and lo and behold, there's the manager open carrying a Glock. It was nice to see others carrying. I know it's not a standard movie theater, but you can carry there.
Buckeyedoc, Are you referring to the Dixie Drive In on Dixie Dr. in Harrison Twp.? If you are, I didn't know they called it the Dixie Twin drive-in. Haven't been there in years but may go now since I can carry.

Thanks
Ray
Me and my
XD-9
Taurus 38
PT638 Pro-380
P-22
Sig 9 for wife
NRA Member
Buckeyedoc

Post by Buckeyedoc »

Ray wrote:
Buckeyedoc wrote:We took the kids to Dixie Twin drive-in for the double feature. Anyway, I'm carrying as usual. I take 2 of our boys to the concession stand and lo and behold, there's the manager open carrying a Glock. It was nice to see others carrying. I know it's not a standard movie theater, but you can carry there.
Buckeyedoc, Are you referring to the Dixie Drive In on Dixie Dr. in Harrison Twp.? If you are, I didn't know they called it the Dixie Twin drive-in. Haven't been there in years but may go now since I can carry.

Thanks
Ray
That's the one. Wasn't very crowded Tuesday night.
docachna

Post by docachna »

A bit OT, but last week on vacation in NE Georgia - went to a movie theatre on a Wednesday night (last week of school in GA!) - grand total of 4 people in the section we were in.

And no GB signs.

Life was good !!!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Buckeyedoc

Post by Buckeyedoc »

docachna wrote:A bit OT, but last week on vacation in NE Georgia - went to a movie theatre on a Wednesday night (last week of school in GA!) - grand total of 4 people in the section we were in.

And no GB signs.

Life was good !!!!
That's what's nice about Colony 7 Cinemas here in Lebanon. Most times, there's only a handful of people there. All first-run movies and the best popcorn around. Movies are only $5.
BadCrosshairDay

Post by BadCrosshairDay »

Curzyk wrote:My local theater of choice, if/when I choose to go to one is Marcus Cinemas (North Columbus). They have the giant IMAX screens, stadium seating, and aren't posted.

Edited to add: And I typically buy a large soda to promote their continued existence since it carries a large profit margin for them.
This is the first and only theater I've been to in Ohio, so I came to the conclusion that none of them were posted around here. I guess I was wrong.

It is the nicest theater I've ever been to, and the cheapest, so I did not have any inclination to try elsewhere. Now there's one more reason to stick to it.
ArmedPatriots

Post by ArmedPatriots »

BobK wrote:
Ray81 wrote:Theatres are one place all CCW holders should carry concealed regardless of the signage.
The Forum Terms of Service, Rules, and Regulations state in part:
TOS wrote:• Messages exhorting others to commit illegal acts or describing illegal acts you’ve committed or intend to commit are expressly forbidden.
Ray81 wrote:It will only be a civil violation in Ohio, not a criminal one as far as I know.
That is not accurate. Armed trespass of a posted business is a criminal misdemeanor in Ohio.
Is it a misdemeanor?
Ive been thinking low level felony trespass all this time
Isnt it ironic that the anti gun agenda response to defenseless people being murdered is to try to make them even more defenseless...
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

ArmedPatriots wrote:
BobK wrote:
Ray81 wrote:Theatres are one place all CCW holders should carry concealed regardless of the signage.
The Forum Terms of Service, Rules, and Regulations state in part:
TOS wrote:• Messages exhorting others to commit illegal acts or describing illegal acts you’ve committed or intend to commit are expressly forbidden.
Ray81 wrote:It will only be a civil violation in Ohio, not a criminal one as far as I know.
That is not accurate. Armed trespass of a posted business is a criminal misdemeanor in Ohio.
Is it a misdemeanor?
Ive been thinking low level felony trespass all this time
It is an M4:

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.126" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (C) (3) (a)
(a) Except as provided in division (C)(3)(b) of this section, the owner or person in control of private land or premises, and a private person or entity leasing land or premises owned by the state, the United States, or a political subdivision of the state or the United States, may post a sign in a conspicuous location on that land or on those premises prohibiting persons from carrying firearms or concealed firearms on or onto that land or those premises. Except as otherwise provided in this division, a person who knowingly violates a posted prohibition of that nature is guilty of criminal trespass in violation of division (A)(4) of section 2911.21 of the Revised Code and is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pk47 »

dl1911 wrote:
jeepdeep wrote:Anyone know of a non posted theater in the West / South/West burbs of CLE?
I understand that Hickory Ridge in Brunswick on 303 is not posted. Also, friends were recently at the Valley View cinema and said they didn't see any signs.
VV is posted. No slashed circle sign, but by words in their listing of prohibited things/behavior :(