Renewing a FL license

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Six Shooter

Renewing a FL license

Post by Six Shooter »

Is it still worth having ?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Renewing a FL license

Post by JustaShooter »

It depends. If you have an Ohio license that was issued or renewed March 23 2015 or later, then the only benefits are having a backup license to your OH license and having a local license if you spend much time in FL. If your Ohio license was not issued or renewed March 23 2015 or later, then your FL license also allows you to carry in Texas, but that's about it.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

At one time, I had licenses (in addition to Ohio) from PA, NH, and FL. My PA and NH licenses both lapsed some time ago. My FL license is coming up soon and I actually just got paperwork in the mail from them to renew.

But...I doubt I will. My Ohio CHL gets me pretty much everywhere I need to go at this point and the places it doesn't get me, Florida won't help with. As I don't anticipate traveling to Wisconsin or Texas anytime in the foreseeable future, the pre-March 2015 renewal I currently have doesn't negatively effect me.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

If you had a FL license, you could keep it in the glove box of your vehicle in case you ever forget your wallet, but remember your handgun.
MyWifeSaidYes