Centerville PD A+ (3 informs!)

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Lone Wolf

Centerville PD A+ (3 informs!)

Post by Lone Wolf »

Howdy all,

A couple of weeks ago I came across a situation where I felt it necessary to call 911. I don't know if there is an ongoing investigation or not so I won't elaborate. I made the call and when the first officer showed up I promptly informed (my first inform ever by the way). The officer replied "Ok, thanks" and started his investigation. About 5 minutes or so later, his supervisor showed up, came over to me and introduced himself. I informed right away and he replied "Ok, thanks". Then he gave a little laugh and said "We don't worry about people who do what they are supposed to do, we worry about the ones that don't let us know." Still yet later a detective came over to talk to me, this time I was in the car. I kept both hands on the wheel and informed promptly. His reply … "Ok, thanks" and then asked me what he needed to know.

All in all, a great first inform experience and a total none issue for the PD as near as I could tell.

LW
Sherlock Holmes : "You have arms, I suppose?"
Dr. Watson : "Yes, I thought it well to take them."
Sherlock Holmes : "Most certainly. Keep your revolver near you night and day and never relax your precautions"

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle "The Hound of the Baskervilles"
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Centerville PD A+ (3 informs!)

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

Good to hear - thanks for sharing
gfrlaser

Post by gfrlaser »

I live in Centerville and have to say, they are a good department all in all.
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"
SeanC
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by SeanC »

...as long as you aren't going 36mph in a 35mph zone.
I am a lawyer; I am not your lawyer.
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

SeanC wrote:...as long as you aren't going 36mph in a 35mph zone.
Bingo!! One of my comm sites was just south of Centerville and passing through there you really had to toe the line on speed. When doing night work and heading home, I invariably would see a car shooting radar/laser on SR 48. In over 20 years I never got a ticket as I had been warned by a co-worker that it was a well watched road.

As far as the CPD, I've not heard anything bad about them and from your interaction they seem to have a pretty good attitude about CHLs.
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ArmyAndNavyVet

Post by ArmyAndNavyVet »

I also live in Centerville, and have had to inform several times. Most of the times were at 2 or 3 AM responding to an alarm drop at my office (usually caused by a spider). They were always cordial and professional. One of them said, "OK,carry on". That told me they are prepared for and used to having CHL holders in our city. One time was at my house, when a patrolman knocked on my door to inquire whether my car had been broken into the night before, as had several others in the neighborhood. I went outside with him to check, and that's when I informed. I guess "OK, thanks" is a pretty standard response for them. I even showed him the "hidden" compartment behind the screen on my car. He hadn't known previously about them. Nice chap, nice chat. Definitely a gun aficionado. Centerville cops say they will probably pull you over for touching the middle line twice unless you are changing lanes.
NRA Distinguished Life Member
Viet Nam Combat Veteran, 1967-1968, I Corps (Army)
Beirut 1983 (Navy)
Lấy máu Nga Hoa mà hòa rượu đế
Lấy xác cộng xây cầu bên hải
Lấy râu cụ Hồ làm bàn chải đánh giầy
Chặt đầu việt cộng mà nấu canh chua