Kenwood Towne Center has upped their game

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Kenwood Towne Center has upped their game

Post by 147Doc »

I know there have been occasional posts about the Kenwood Towne Center and it's status as CPZ or non-CPZ.

When I went today, the exterior doors have new circle-and-slash symbols over a pistol. No verbiage, but pretty plain - and right about at the five foot level.

I did not check every door, but I checked several, including the door from the Nordstrom parking garage.

I plan an email to them, but was a bit disappointed. They are a mile from me, and have a nicer selection of stores than the next closest mall, Tri-County
JediSkipdogg

Re: Kenwood Towne Center has upped their game

Post by JediSkipdogg »

My guess is the number of incidents they have had there with regards to firearms. While I can't think of any "bad" calls besides the Apple iPhone incident, there have been quite a few. They are probably just tired of the firearm calls from people and the easiest way to eliminate them is to ban them.

I'm sure your email will get the standard "family friendly environment" reply.

Kind of disheartening but I didn't see a sign when I was there this morning. I entered from the garage through entrance #4 on this map: http://www.kenwoodtownecentre.com/directory" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Of course I didn't look too hard.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Cosmos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cosmos »

Too bad about Kenwood Towne Center deciding to go CPZ. Call me paranoid, but with the possibility of lone wolf or organized attacks I would travel to Tri-County Mall. I recently watched an HBO documentary on the Westgate Mall attack.

For those unfamiliar with the attack: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westgate_s ... all_attack

It only took the authorities 3 ½ hours to organize any rescue attempt and four days to end it.
NRA Benefactor
If the police are not present to stop a crime they are just armed historians.
A 1911 beats 9-1-1 every time.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's razor
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

JediSkipdogg wrote:My guess is the number of incidents they have had there with regards to firearms. While I can't think of any "bad" calls besides the Apple iPhone incident, there have been quite a few. They are probably just tired of the firearm calls from people and the easiest way to eliminate them is to ban them.

Kind of disheartening but I didn't see a sign when I was there this morning. I entered from the garage through entrance #4 on this map: http://www.kenwoodtownecentre.com/directory" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Of course I didn't look too hard.
Weird - that's the same entrance I use. I park in the lower garage, walk up one flight and across the short breezeway.
The signs I saw were on the inner of the two doors - is it possible they've already been removed?
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

147Doc wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:My guess is the number of incidents they have had there with regards to firearms. While I can't think of any "bad" calls besides the Apple iPhone incident, there have been quite a few. They are probably just tired of the firearm calls from people and the easiest way to eliminate them is to ban them.

Weird - that's the same entrance I use. I park in the lower garage, walk up one flight and across the short breezeway.
The signs I saw were on the inner of the two doors - is it possible they've already been removed?
I probably missed them if they were on the inner doors. I personally don't ever check those. I'm actually even thinking I walked in with someone so not sure I opened the doors. All I know is, they weren't conspicuous enough. I have to head there again in a few days so I'll check. Sounds like you park exactly where I park. Nobody ever parks there.

http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

JediSkipdogg wrote:... Nobody ever parks there.
Well, almost nobody. :lol:
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Sorry to hear about that...but TBH I won't miss Kenwood Mall one bit...nothing of interest to me, and I always feel out of place walking around there.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

Only carried there once, when I was meeting a date. Did not see any signs, but that was a year and a half ago. I probably did not look in the right place, as we entered via a store, not a mall entrance.

Okay...I'll bite: What was the Apple iPhone incident? I did not find it on a short search.
Sorry to ask. I try to do my own research.
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

MacDonald wrote:Only carried there once, when I was meeting a date. Did not see any signs, but that was a year and a half ago. I probably did not look in the right place, as we entered via a store, not a mall entrance.

Okay...I'll bite: What was the Apple iPhone incident? I did not find it on a short search.
Sorry to ask. I try to do my own research.
Man Arrested at Apple Store After Threatening to Shoot His iPhone with a 9mm Handgun
I know it's frustrating when your phone is borked, but telling an Apple Store staffer that you're "so mad I could pop a 9mm at it"—before revealing you actually have a real 9mm concealed—probably won't help matters.
I'm not sure what ever happened to the charges, but he never really threatened a store employee. He just said he could shoot his gun and then flashed his gun to the employee making it seem that he actually would do it. Not a wise move.

147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

MacDonald wrote:Only carried there once, when I was meeting a date. Did not see any signs, but that was a year and a half ago. I probably did not look in the right place, as we entered via a store, not a mall entrance.
No, you're right - the doors to the mall were lacking in signs until recently.
MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

Jedi, than you for the link. Sorry to have to ask, but thank you!

I have considered giving my iPhone wall therapy, but in private. Violence, or the threat, never goes over well.
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark
mreising

Post by mreising »

I was just over at Kenwood Towne Center today. Some doors at KTC are posted, others are not. It depends on whether you enter from the parking garages and/or restaurants, or the main entrances. I wonder if some organization other than management is doing the postings .
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

mreising wrote:I was just over at Kenwood Towne Center today. Some doors at KTC are posted, others are not. It depends on whether you enter from the parking garages and/or restaurants, or the main entrances. I wonder if some organization other than management is doing the postings .
Hmmm, interesting theory however I wonder if just by pure accident. It would be something nice to address, however, there are two problems...

1) It may backfire and cause all doors to be posted
2) They will simply point to their code of conduct which is posted online and inside at least one entrance on the wall that states "No firearms or illegal weapons"

So, it seems we just may lose what was a good mall to carry in. Unfortunately, being the only mall in Cincinnati with an Apple store and Lego store, I'll just have to deal with it.

davcar45

Post by davcar45 »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
mreising wrote:I was just over at Kenwood Towne Center today. Some doors at KTC are posted, others are not. It depends on whether you enter from the parking garages and/or restaurants, or the main entrances. I wonder if some organization other than management is doing the postings .
Hmmm, interesting theory however I wonder if just by pure accident. It would be something nice to address, however, there are two problems...

1) It may backfire and cause all doors to be posted
2) They will simply point to their code of conduct which is posted online and inside at least one entrance on the wall that states "No firearms or illegal weapons"

So, it seems we just may lose what was a good mall to carry in. Unfortunately, being the only mall in Cincinnati with an Apple store and Lego store, I'll just have to deal with it.
You'll have an Apple store in West Chester at the new mall that is going in here. Probably be fall of 2015. Cabelas also ope fall 2015 across the street. Whether the new mall will be posted, who knows.

The guy in the Apple store, talking of shooting his phone, dumb. Just another dip stick who can't wait to tell somebody he's packin'.
NRA Endowment Life Member
http://www.assaultweapon.info
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

davcar45 wrote:You'll have an Apple store in West Chester at the new mall that is going in here. Probably be fall of 2015. Cabelas also ope fall 2015 across the street. Whether the new mall will be posted, who knows.
Was not aware of that. That's good to know, although that's another 30 minute drive.

I do look forward to Cabella's though and possibly a larger Bass Pro.