Clermont county turn around time

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mjbrown1002

Clermont county turn around time

Post by Mjbrown1002 »

Dropped off my app in clermont county on 7/21/14 lady said 30-45 days it's now 8/4 still nothing. However, they now mail them if apps is received after may 1. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced any delays or problems with this?
JediSkipdogg

Re: Clermont county turn around time

Post by JediSkipdogg »

So it's been 14 days and you were told 30-45 and you wonder what's up? :wink:

Last year when I renewed it took two weeks but I was told renewals were processed faster than new applications.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Mjbrown1002

Post by Mjbrown1002 »

Yeah just trying figure rough time frame up. I keep reading on here some are getting them in a week so just curious on others times
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Generally speaking I think the sheriff's offices tell applicants the licensing will take longer than it actually ends up taking to keep the number of phone calls down. (If they have to answer the phone they can't be processing licenses at the same time, right?)

In the early days of CHL issuance, Clermont County stated on their sheriff's office website: "Do not call us, we will call YOU when the license is ready!" or words to that effect. Over all, Clermont has done well by those of us who have used them.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Mjbrown1002

Post by Mjbrown1002 »

Yea I agree with that keeping the calls down to say they can get work done faster. Just seems like it's been a month now haha and buddies applied through Hamilton and some butler county and got there's i. A few days....I'm clean as can be background just starting to worry a bit.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Under-promise, but over-deliver, is an elected sheriff's best tactic. Unless you manage the campaign against an incumbent sheriff; then time is truly on his side...