Wayne County A+

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bkfamily1

Wayne County A+

Post by bkfamily1 »

they are open 7 hours per day 5 days per week
they have an on line appointment system with appointments every 15 minutes
if you take a self-addressed stamped envelope, they will mail your license

I checked on a Sunday, and there were a handful of appointments still available for the coming week - I made an appointment for a Monday morning 8 days later (the whole week was wide open)

the deputy was very helpful - the guy with the appt before me (she took us both in at the same time) brought cash (you have to bring cashiers check or money order) - she processed his application and told him where to go 2 minutes away for a money order - left his application at the front desk for him to bring the money order back and get his receipt

she said my application would be run that night, and if there as an issue she would call, otherwise it would be mailed the next day - I got it Thursday 3 days after applying)

http://www.waynecountysheriff.com/CCW.htm

thanks for the site and for your work in Ohio

Bryan
mreising

Re: Wayne County A+

Post by mreising »

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the report on Wayne Co. Please consider adding your general location to your profile (county is close enough) as sometimes it is helpful for members to know your general area when you have questions.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
glove

Post by glove »

Also another +1 for Wayne county. Did my renewal last week took about 10 minutes walked out with my new CCW permit. Cost is $50.00 for another 5 year. Just make sure you make an appointment. :)
Dave
NRA Life Member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club Member 72-75
Quijibo

Post by Quijibo »

Yep.
Had a 10am appointment on monday, left at 10:14 with my renewed CCW in hand. A+.
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." ~ Qui-Gon Jinn
138car

Post by 138car »

Had a 14:15 Appt 4/7, CHL was in my mailbox 4/9!!!! Great work!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I had a student report that he had his appointment at Wayne county on 07/15 and his license arrived in the mail two days later on 07/17. Another A+ for Wayne county.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB