Franklin County

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

roxy1223

Re: Franklin County

Post by roxy1223 »

Chuck wrote:One of my students reported a two week turn around time a week or so ago, and I have one student still waiting after nearly three weeks now.

Seems like Franklin County is getting slower these days,,,,

they say it takes 1 to 45 days. if you have good fingerprints and no criminal history it's usually the 1 day.. each county has to go thru bci for the checks so if the person has any arrest it will slow things down no matter where you apply. you also have to take into consideration that if the individual has a poor print quality then the tech at bci doing the background check may have trouble.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

It's been one day for a long time, but how has it been lately?

Several people are telling me that the one day turn around is a thing of the past,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Chuck wrote:It's been one day for a long time, but how has it been lately?

Several people are telling me that the one day turn around is a thing of the past,,,,

My 2nd renewal in Franklin County was 1 day a few weeks ago - but they were packed with applicants even then. I think it all depends on whether it is a renewal or not, in addition to the background. I think mine was quick due to it being a 5 year renewal in the same county and nothing on my background in those 5 years. (Of course, maybe I am special - my NICS checks come back really quickly too!)

Franklin county only sets so many appointments a day - and only between certain hours. When I called for a renewal appointment in March - it was 2 months out for appointments. I think the upswing in applicants, combined with all the renewals, has kept them pretty busy.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
roxy1223

Post by roxy1223 »

Franklin County books people every 10 minutes from 8am to 2pm monday through friday. Most days they process between 35 to 50 people. It still only takes 1 to 2 days for 95% of the people that apply. It is no different if you are new or renewal.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Stryker74 wrote:
Chuck wrote:It's been one day for a long time, but how has it been lately?

My 2nd renewal in Franklin County was 1 day a few weeks ago - but they were packed with applicants even then. I think it all depends on whether it is a renewal or not, in addition to the background. I think mine was quick due to it being a 5 year renewal in the same county and nothing on my background in those 5 years. (Of course, maybe I am special - my NICS checks come back really quickly too!)

Franklin county only sets so many appointments a day - and only between certain hours. When I called for a renewal appointment in March - it was 2 months out for appointments. I think the upswing in applicants, combined with all the renewals, has kept them pretty busy.
Thanks for the information,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

My student picked up her license today
She dropped off her application on May 3
30 day turn around for Franklin County,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

BobK

Post by BobK »

Chuck wrote:My student picked up her license today
She dropped off her application on May 3
30 day turn around for Franklin County,,,,
Bet she has a record that took time to sort out ....
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

One arrest with no conviction, she tells me

The student with the two week turn around is young, and had no record what so ever,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

Peter

Post by Peter »

I turned in my first-time application last week and it took two business days (after a two-month wait for an appointment!)
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Thank you for that information,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

Peter

Post by Peter »

When I was in there to pick up, I overheard a phone call and they were scheduling for the beginning of August
Jeebs01

Post by Jeebs01 »

As others mentioned, the appointments are made far out in advance. The three ladies in the office were great to work with once my day came. The permit was issued in 1 day.
james_smith14

Post by james_smith14 »

New to the forum. Hello all. Wanted to add my experience.

I as well went to Franklin county. Though it took me 3 days for an appointment my experience was not pleasant. I'm not sure the guys name but he first of started my appointment yelling at his co workers and throwing things. The gentlemen who was infront of him told him to stop throwing things bcuz it was unprofessional. The employee of the sheriff office was rude and mean to everyone he came into contact with. I feel sorry for the woman he works with. Next time I need to renew I will be going some where else. Shame on the superior officer for letting his actions go on in this manner
FireEMSisLife

Post by FireEMSisLife »

Much to my surprise I was extremely pleased with franklin co. I called on Feb 13th at 1pm to get an appointment they scheduled me for 930 on Feb 20th. Was in and out in 15mins (wasted the 2nd quarter in the parking meter). Then got the call Feb 21 at 1230 that is was ready. So 8 days from call to card! Way to go FCSO.