City of Oberlin (no firearms in parks)

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: City of Oberlin (no firearms in parks)

Post by Cruiser »

What is a Peace Pole?
Abandon ye all HOPE!
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Cruiser wrote:What is a Peace Pole?
It's where you sing Kumbaya and get all touchy feely with everyone. :lol:

Or is it what was quite common at Woodstock? That kind of peace? :mrgreen:
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

See one here:
http://www.cleveland.com/lakewood/index ... churc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anybody have a Colt Peacemaker that they could carry to the unveiling of the peace pole?
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
mreising

Post by mreising »

It was referenced in the council meeting minutes. One of the residents wants a peace pole put up in the park to make things better, then nobody will need a gun.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

mreising wrote:
It was referenced in the council meeting minutes. One of the residents wants a peace pole put up in the park to make things better, then nobody will need a gun.
Huh....so nobody will need a gun....must be able to pull the peace pole out of the ground and beat the crap out of bad guys with it! :mrgreen:
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

The saga continues...
A group of Oberlin residents is seeking a referendum that would allow voters to decide on a controversial gun law that City Council passed last month.

It marks the latest protest by residents in an ongoing battle with gun-rights advocates that already has landed the city in a courtroom.

David Ashenhurst, a leader in the effort to quash the law, said the group filed 14 petitions that included 312 signatures Tuesday with the city's finance office. Under state law, the group needs 309 valid signatures, or 10 percent of the city residents who voted in the last gubernatorial election, to place the issue before voters in the next general election, or in November 2014. The deadline to place an issue on next month's ballot has long passed.

Sal Talarico, the city's finance director, said his office is examining the petitions to determine whether Ashenhurst's group submitted them properly. If the paper work was filed correctly, it will remain with his office for 10 days. He must then transfer it to the Lorain County Board of Elections 90 days prior to next year's general election.
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ss ... endum.html
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

So, can they even do that - I mean, that would only get the issue on their local ballot, not a state-wide referendum correct? And if so, I don't see how you can put a local referendum on the ballot that falls afoul of State law, i.e. 9.68... Am I missing something?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
mreising

Post by mreising »

JustaShooter wrote:So, can they even do that - I mean, that would only get the issue on their local ballot, not a state-wide referendum correct? And if so, I don't see how you can put a local referendum on the ballot that falls afoul of State law, i.e. 9.68... Am I missing something?
Yes, you are missing the unicorns that will appear and make the evil 9.68 go away after they have their referendum and plant their peace pole.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

We started watching that 'Under the Dome' series from this past summer. I am thinking I have the solution for Oberlin - a great big dome over their town. That way, no one can come in and tell them to follow the law - they can just chose to do as they please!

/facepalm

These people are that blind and arrogant to think that they are above the law ....
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;