No Posts for a Month

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

HancockCountyHAl

No Posts for a Month

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

There have been no new posts in this forum for an entire month. Do we need it?
HancockCountyHaL
Brian D.

Re: No Posts for a Month

Post by Brian D. »

I'd say yes. Not to sound like a liberal weenie but 'If this section draws in just one new forumite a week, month, whatever, it's all worth it'.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

I'd also say yes. Besides, it's not as though it's taking up resources to the detriment of something else.

Personally, I always use the "View Unread Posts" link and only rarely notice which discreet subforum I happen to be in.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Why don't we just let the Women respond to HCH's question ?
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

sodbuster95 wrote:I'd also say yes. Besides, it's not as though it's taking up resources to the detriment of something else.

Personally, I always use the "View Unread Posts" link and only rarely notice which discreet subforum I happen to be in.
+1

We have subforums here? I thought it was all just one giant mess of posts. Really, besides the buy/sell/trade, I don't ever go directly to a section, I just use the View Unread Posts as well.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Runner_Girl78

Post by Runner_Girl78 »

While I may not always reply to topics in this particular forum, I find myself searching it for information. Yes, I think we need it. Of the forums I frequent, this is the only one with a board specifically for women.
"Guns are our friends because in a country without guns, I'm what's known as "prey." All females are.” -Ann Coulter
jose45

Post by jose45 »

Runner_Girl78 wrote:While I may not always reply to topics in this particular forum, I find myself searching it for information. Yes, I think we need it. Of the forums I frequent, this is the only one with a board specifically for women.
There's your answer. :lol:
"Lord, make me fast and accurate.Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be "If I only had my gun"
And Lord,if today is truly the day that you call me home.Let Me Die In A Pile of Hot Empty Brass.- Patriots Prayer- III% NRA,OFCC
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

Sexist !

I think its a good idea, it can't hurt to have. Men and Women are different. Men need it to research to be able to give advice to their Wifes,Girlfreinds,Want-to-be-girlfreinds and daughters.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
HancockCountyHAl

I hear you, but expect to see some pertinent posts.

Thanks.
HancockCountyHaL
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

There aren't too many of us women on here. I'm the most prolific woman poster, and may be the only one that comes by daily, which I did before I was a mod, too.

I think it is a good idea to have a place for women-specific questions. If I see a post is in here, I make a special point to read it first and see if I can be of help. It raises the priority for me.

I don't think the forum has a limit on the amount of sub-forums it can have. If there is a sub-forum you'd like to see, let someone know, and we'll pass it along. I'd hate to see this one go "just because".
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Encouraging more women to conceal carry and find ways to do so more effectively is a good thing for everyone. This is true both on a public safety as well as legal and political fronts.

What are the downsides? One extra sub forum that some folks may chose to ignore?

To me, the benefits seem to outweigh the negatives by a wide margin.
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

HancockCountyHAl wrote:I hear you, but expect to see some pertinent posts.

Thanks.
Just wondering - why do you care?
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
HancockCountyHAl

Jim,
I wasn't advocating it's removal, it was just a question based on the apparent lack of participation in this forum. I sometimes visit the forum to broaden my overall knowledge base, and wondered why there wasn't more interest and activity by women.

I am still a little perplexed as to why only two women have replied.
HancockCountyHaL
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

HancockCountyHAl wrote:I am still a little perplexed as to why only two women have replied.
As Mustang already pointed out, there aren't that many active women on the forums.

Removing subforums specific to their issues hardly induces greater attendance. Also, let's not forget that some of the men here may be gaining knowledge subsequently passed on to spouses, girlfriends, daughters, etc. I, for one, had never heard of Cornered Cat until I read about it here.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Gentlemen, may I submit that the ladies that COULD be posting here actually have better things to do with their time? :oops:

Some may not know about this particular forum but most probably have questions that fit better in other forums.

When they have a question or a problem that qualifies as an issue for women, they have a place to post it here.

No one has EVER used that fire hydrant at the end of my street (other than annual flushing), but that doesn't mean it's not needed or useful.
MyWifeSaidYes