Darke County Fairgrounds - Entrances

A sub-forum for the purpose of discussing ORC 9.68 compliance. This sub-forum is strictly for the discussion of progress in individual cities and their respective parks.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Forum rules
This sub-forum is strictly for the purpose of submitting of, and status updates related to, ORC 9.68 compliance. This could mean park bans, open carry bans, or anything that is a compliance issue. Note the format in which original threads were created. We'll track each individual case here and post updates if assistance is needed, etc. You may start a new thread here to notify us of a non-compliant scenario. Please try to research contact information for each city, village, etc, Email, fax, and postal addresses are great. Digital photos of infractions (Signs) are ideal. With limited exceptions this is NOT a discussion forum.

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Darke County Fairgrounds - Entrances

Post by jgarvas »

Received via PM:

Also, I noticed signs still up at the Darke Co. Fairgrounds today. I updated the DNPWA listing with a picture. (I did not (honestly!)see the signs last month during the fair that were at all entrances.

Darke County Fairgrounds,
800 Sweitzer Street
Greenville OH 45331
County: DARKE
Contact Person: Kerry Martin, Secretary/Fair Manager
Phone: (800) 736-3671
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Darke County Fairgrounds - Entrances

Post by Cruiser »

I live in Mercer, above Darke, I took a ride down there and got the pictures. Really strange wording.
These are on the East entrances. I had some contact several years ago, they claim they are a private organization! their State Audit says differant.
http://www.auditor.state.oh.us/AuditSearch/results.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Abandon ye all HOPE!
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

It's been a couple of years since I was at the Darke county fair. I may have to go next year. Armed that is.

I'll have to ask my father in law and see if he knows if its a private organization.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

I was in the area this morning, so I swung by the Fairgounds. All entrances are still posted CPZ.

I had a hand in getting my County Fairgrounds CPZ signs removed. But I personally have given up on Darke County, I don't live there and have no reason to visit that fairground. I contacted them several years ago and never got a reply.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
johnisaly

Post by johnisaly »

Cruiser -
Thanks for the update. I’ll will be attending that fair this coming Tuesday & Wednesday.
John in Columbus
"The story you are about to hear is true; the names have been changed to protect the innocent"
johnisaly

Post by johnisaly »

I attended this fair on Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday. I entered at Gate 6. It is the south gate (general admission parking lots). The gate and parking lot are NOT POSTED. The buildings are posted with the incorrectly worded signs posted in Cruiser’s earlier post.

I think I gained 5 lbs. :oops:
John in Columbus
"The story you are about to hear is true; the names have been changed to protect the innocent"
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

johnisaly wrote:I attended this fair on Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday. I entered at Gate 6. It is the south gate (general admission parking lots). The gate and parking lot are NOT POSTED. The buildings are posted with the incorrectly worded signs posted in Cruiser’s earlier post.

I think I gained 5 lbs. :oops:
I am not familiar with Gate 6 but it could be a gate that is only used for the Fair and it got overlooked.
Maybe you should tell them they missed it! :shock: :wink: :wink:
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Could someone check the fairground entrances along RT. 49 in Greenville for CPZ signs?
Abandon ye all HOPE!
netdood

Post by netdood »

I was there over the weekend and entered through the south entrance, in the parking lot off Eidson. There were no signs at the entrance. On our way out I noticed that there were GB signs on the horse barns near the south end of the grandstand. The same ones shown in the pictures above that state "anywhere in the fairgrounds". Not sure if they just never took them down or if that is still their official stance. Regardless, it wasn't posted when I entered and ended up being a non-issue since I was leaving anyway.
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

I am in contact with both the County Prosecutor and attempting contact with the fair board. The fair is going on now, so they may try to stonewall and let it go away until next year. That won't happen. ;-) I will work with council to get the lawsuit ball rolling if the signs don't come down.
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

Contacted the Sheriff's office... hoping to get a response in a timely manner, though many of the Sheriff's personnel are out AT the fairgrounds as of right now.
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

Darke County sounds like they are going to need a lawsuit... who can I work with with OFCC? Or am I on my own with this?

Their fair people told me that they hope my lawyer is as good as theirs.
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

Darke fairgrounds is listed as owned by the ag society, land use: 620 - EXEMPT PROP OWN BY COUNTIES
BriKuz

Post by BriKuz »

I was contacted by Daryl Riffle of the Ag Society. He says that they are a completely private entity, and ORC 9.68 does NOT apply to them. He DID say he would look into the Greene Cty Ag case with legal council.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Send Jeff Garvas a PM.

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/memberlist ... rofile&u=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB