Crossbreeds Modular Belly band

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TKshooter

Crossbreeds Modular Belly band

Post by TKshooter »

Anyone have one?

I've never had a belly band and I am thinking of getting one for my shield.....
-TK

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
TKshooter

Re: Crossbreeds Modular Belly band

Post by TKshooter »

Well I went ahead and ordered it. So I will let you guys know what it's like after I get it.

Website said they are now shipping orders from April 29th! :shock: So it may be a while.
-TK

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

Have a lady friend that wears scrubs to work who I'm considering one of these for. Her pistol is a relatively heavy XD9 SC though so not sure if it'll hold it up well enough. She needs something though because without a belt she can't carry in the normal fassion so ends up not carrying at all. :evil:
kathys

Post by kathys »

I ordered one with holsters for my Shield and Sig P238 in May. Still waiting :(
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

I bought a similar rig many years ago.

Seemed to work OK, and could handle a PPK/S or Model 36 ("Chief's Special" revolver) without any problems, but I couldn't get into the idea of having to dig for the gun :D....

I'm not sure what Crossbreeds looks like, but if you need deep cover, it should be OK.

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

SMMAssociates wrote:I bought a similar rig many years ago.

Seemed to work OK, and could handle a PPK/S or Model 36 ("Chief's Special" revolver) without any problems, but I couldn't get into the idea of having to dig for the gun :D....

I'm not sure what Crossbreeds looks like, but if you need deep cover, it should be OK.

Regards,
^ Part of what intrigues me about the CrossBreed offering is that it should allow for relatively easy re-holstering.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
TKshooter

Post by TKshooter »

So I got my belly band and I have been wearing it and I must say I do like it. I heard a lot of women saying it wasnt made for our bodies but I have found if you put it low enough it doesnt ride up, stays close to my body, and is comforable.

One issue I did find was that when you put the kydex piece on the belly band with any type of cant, part of the modular piece hangs off the belly band and is very uncomfortable when you're sitting.

My intended purpose for it is when I need to run out to Walmart or somewhere and I'm in my sweats or gym shorts. And it works very well for that. I strap it on and put sweatpants over it and I am good to go, no belt, or even regular pants!

Also retention is adequate and I can draw without the velcro coming off. Reholstering is similar to my other IWB holsters.

I use it with a shiel 9mm, if that makes a diference. I am very glad to of added this holster to my collection.
-TK

techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

I've been wondering about this one myself. I am thinking for places where concealment is key that putting a small gun, like a Sig 938 in one of these might be called for. Do you think it would conceal well under a tucked in shirt?
Atilla

Post by Atilla »

I've used a Galco belly band for a small revolver ( j frame or LCR) or PM9 while jogging or cycling from time to time. No retention problems at all, a few adjustments on the fly occasionally.

A couple of things to be aware of: you'll sweat on your gun and spare ammo, and reholstering is a 2 handed project. From the pics of the CB model reholstering should be easier but that really shouldn't be an issue when out n about, should it?
And, the elastic does wear out over time, my first one lasted maybe 75 days of carry/use before I felt I needed a new one.
C'mon! We're all going to die, die standing up!
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

running is the other use I had in mind. I currently use a pack but it is pretty heavy and also screams gun to the informed.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Atilla wrote:And, the elastic does wear out over time, my first one lasted maybe 75 days of carry/use before I felt I needed a new one.
75 days doesn't seem like very long. How much does replacement elastic cost?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

techguy85 wrote:running is the other use I had in mind. I currently use a pack but it is pretty heavy and also screams gun to the informed.
The "screaming" function is a feature, not a bug. And even for most of the informed, it is more of a murmur than a scream... 8)
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Atilla

Post by Atilla »

JustaShooter wrote:
Atilla wrote:And, the elastic does wear out over time, my first one lasted maybe 75 days of carry/use before I felt I needed a new one.
75 days doesn't seem like very long. How much does replacement elastic cost?

The plain belly bands are relatively inexpensive, and they are really nothing but elastic. I average 2-4 hours cycling or 1-2 hours hiking/jogging a session and get pretty sweated up most times. I'm actually surprised they held up as well as they did. Makes (stainless)gun cleaning and rotating carry ammo out (at the range) essential.
C'mon! We're all going to die, die standing up!
Runner_Girl78

Post by Runner_Girl78 »

I got one these for running and I love it. They also sell mag pouches to attach to it.
"Guns are our friends because in a country without guns, I'm what's known as "prey." All females are.” -Ann Coulter
Duke of Advil

Post by Duke of Advil »

TKshooter wrote:So I got my belly band and I have been wearing it and I must say I do like it. I heard a lot of women saying it wasnt made for our bodies but I have found if you put it low enough it doesnt ride up, stays close to my body, and is comforable.

One issue I did find was that when you put the kydex piece on the belly band with any type of cant, part of the modular piece hangs off the belly band and is very uncomfortable when you're sitting.

My intended purpose for it is when I need to run out to Walmart or somewhere and I'm in my sweats or gym shorts. And it works very well for that. I strap it on and put sweatpants over it and I am good to go, no belt, or even regular pants!

Also retention is adequate and I can draw without the velcro coming off. Reholstering is similar to my other IWB holsters.

I use it with a shiel 9mm, if that makes a diference. I am very glad to of added this holster to my collection.
My wife is considering picking up one of these and I was wondering...
Do you still like/use it?
How is the elastic holding up?
In one hand I've a Bible,
In the other I've got a gun.
Don't you know me,
I'm the man who won.