Bra Holster: Thought?

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Bra Holster: Thought?

Post by Werz »

Here are some videos of the Flashbang Bra Holster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77TGGEYhPnM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAYu0-BOBEo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No, it is not a good solution for carrying a full-size 1911 or a Colt Python. It would be best with a LCP, P3AT, or Seecamp.

And yes, you better keep your booger hook off the boom switch, unlike some of the demonstrations in the videos.

However, the real question is: If the firearm is small enough and light enough, would it still be incredibly uncomfortable? Being male, I have no reasonable way of testing this, but the women whom I have shown these videos think it would horrible to wear one. Therefore, I am asking the opinions of the OFCC women who are accustomed to carrying concealed handguns on a regular basis. What do you think?
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
yogidave

Re: Bra Holster: Thought?

Post by yogidave »

Had one but it was itchy, oh what what? :lol:
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Have run across two women who carry this way and were positive about it. Wasn't taking a survey or anything...really... :lol: but have the feeling that the women I've met who didn't like the Flash bang kept the opinion to themselves.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Runner_Girl78

Post by Runner_Girl78 »

My coworker carries in a Flash Bang and loves it. My EDC is too big to try it, so I myself have no opinion. I have some concerns about comfort and the manner in which I would have to draw, but I would probably be willing to at least give it a try if I had a pistol that would fit it properly.
"Guns are our friends because in a country without guns, I'm what's known as "prey." All females are.” -Ann Coulter
Mrs. Daspirate

Post by Mrs. Daspirate »

I have never tried it, and I'm not really anxious to either. It doesn't look comfortable to me, and no matter what they claim, there's only so much you can do for us smaller women - a gun small enough for me to hide there is one I probably don't want to carry.

Honestly though, my main critique about that particular holster is not necessarily how uncomfortable I think it looks, but rather, how many guys have told me I should get one of those, for no easily explainable reason. I might have tried one at some point just for curiosity's sake, but the male reactions around me have so completely turned me off of them I don't think I"ll ever try it.
"Cultivators of the earth are the most valuable citizens. They are the most vigorous, the most independant, the most virtuous, and they are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bands."
-Thomas Jefferson
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Not that I have any experience at all on the topic, but that doesn't look like it would be comfortable. In fact, the more well-endowed one was, the less comfortable it seems that setup would be.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

Mrs. Daspirate wrote:I have never tried it, and I'm not really anxious to either. It doesn't look comfortable to me, and no matter what they claim, there's only so much you can do for us smaller women - a gun small enough for me to hide there is one I probably don't want to carry.

Honestly though, my main critique about that particular holster is not necessarily how uncomfortable I think it looks, but rather, how many guys have told me I should get one of those, for no easily explainable reason. I might have tried one at some point just for curiosity's sake, but the male reactions around me have so completely turned me off of them I don't think I"ll ever try it.
As long as you don't use a purse holster. Worst idea out there.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
cabelas

Post by cabelas »

This topic is in need an MS Paint Diagram.
Mrs. Daspirate

Post by Mrs. Daspirate »

Werz wrote:
Mrs. Daspirate wrote:I have never tried it, and I'm not really anxious to either. It doesn't look comfortable to me, and no matter what they claim, there's only so much you can do for us smaller women - a gun small enough for me to hide there is one I probably don't want to carry.

As long as you don't use a purse holster. Worst idea out there.
No, I carry on my hip, same as most of you.
"Cultivators of the earth are the most valuable citizens. They are the most vigorous, the most independant, the most virtuous, and they are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bands."
-Thomas Jefferson
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

The ultimate in concealability--no guy would ever think to look there... :|
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
BobK

Post by BobK »

When this subject has been discussed on the TexasCHLForum, there are a number of women who give it a big thumbs up, and say it is very comfortable.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
landrvrnut22

Post by landrvrnut22 »

BobK wrote:When this subject has been discussed on the TexasCHLForum, there are a number of women who give it a big thumbs up, and say it is very comfortable.
But everything is bigger in Texas. :shock:

My wife tried one, she is petite, and could not even conceal an LCP with it. It was loaned to us, so no money lost.

The other issue she had with it, was accessing the gun. It is difficult to get a good grip on the gun because of the angle.
soontobedeity
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by soontobedeity »

landrvrnut22 wrote:My wife tried one, she is petite, and could not even conceal an LCP with it.
I got one for my girlfriend (I'm trying everything I can think of to get her to carry regularly), and she has the same issue. Her, erhm, physique doesn't lend itself well to this method of carry.
Mrs. Daspirate wrote:Honestly though, my main critique about that particular holster is not necessarily how uncomfortable I think it looks, but rather, how many guys have told me I should get one of those, for no easily explainable reason.
If I may, one of the reasons that I think the holster could be effective is in the sense that it may interrupt an assailant's OODA loop. I imagine that motion needed to draw from underneath a shirt might give an attacker pause, and hopefully, allow a would-be victim to regain a bit of initiative in the encounter. Or perhaps I'm full of it, and I'm really just another pervy dude. :oops:
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

soontobedeity wrote:
Mrs. Daspirate wrote:Honestly though, my main critique about that particular holster is not necessarily how uncomfortable I think it looks, but rather, how many guys have told me I should get one of those, for no easily explainable reason.
If I may, one of the reasons that I think the holster could be effective is in the sense that it may interrupt an assailant's OODA loop. I imagine that motion needed to draw from underneath a shirt might give an attacker pause, and hopefully, allow a would-be victim to regain a bit of initiative in the encounter. Or perhaps I'm full of it, and I'm really just another pervy dude. :oops:
Actually, that was an aspect I considered to be a positive one. I suspect that the whiskeytangofoxtrot factor would add an element of surprise.
-- BobK
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

soontobedeity wrote:If I may, one of the reasons that I think the holster could be effective is in the sense that it may interrupt an assailant's OODA loop. I imagine that motion needed to draw from underneath a shirt might give an attacker pause, and hopefully, allow a would-be victim to regain a bit of initiative in the encounter. Or perhaps I'm full of it, and I'm really just another pervy dude. :oops:
Excellent point. I suspect that would give a moment of pause.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.