Offering reloading help

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

sr44

Offering reloading help

Post by sr44 »

Hi, new to the forum, but to reloading. I've been reloading for the last 10 years, from pistol to rifle to shotgun.
Has anyone had luck finding .30 cal rifle or .224 rifle bullets for reloading? Everyone in Cleveland has been sold out for the past few months.
NRA Life Member
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Offering reloading help

Post by JustaShooter »

Fin Feather and Fur in Canton has both .30 and .224 in stock - or, at least did on Friday and they have had every time I've been in there in the past couple of weeks.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
BigV

Post by BigV »

JustaShooter wrote:Fin Feather and Fur in Canton has both .30 and .224 in stock - or, at least did on Friday and they have had every time I've been in there in the past couple of weeks.
I've seen .224 bullets in stock at FFF Canton store as well, but no 55 grain bullets. I have been there once a week for the past 4 weeks and have not seen .224, 55 gr bullets at all.
BigV
XDm45

Post by XDm45 »

fin in middleburg had 55gr hornady 224s the other day
This Space For Rent
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

BigV wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:Fin Feather and Fur in Canton has both .30 and .224 in stock - or, at least did on Friday and they have had every time I've been in there in the past couple of weeks.
I've seen .224 bullets in stock at FFF Canton store as well, but no 55 grain bullets. I have been there once a week for the past 4 weeks and have not seen .224, 55 gr bullets at all.
True, no 55gr .224 anywhere local that I can find. But 40 - 50gr and (I think) 68gr I see regularly.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
new57

Post by new57 »

If you can shop online have found loads of .224 bullets at Powder Valley, Precision Reloading, Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, and a few others. Maybe look at these online retailers?