Miami Armory in Dayton to open range in Springboro

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rradenheimer

Miami Armory in Dayton to open range in Springboro

Post by rradenheimer »

The Miami Armory on Kingsridge Drive in Dayton will be moving to a new location in November. This new store will also have a range. I took a snapshot of the floorplans and such while I was at Jeff's store today. Received his permission to post about it. Many lanes (Rifle and Pistol), archery, F.A.T.S. I am looking forward to seeing this in November!

resized for web
Full Size from IPhone
http://ohiochl.com/images/TMA_Pic.JPG

resized for web
Full Size from IPhone
http://ohiochl.com/images/TMA_FloorPlan.JPG
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
TJW815

Re: Miami Armory in Dayton to open range in Springboro

Post by TJW815 »

Where does he plan on placing this on springboro? Must be in township somewhere I can't see plans so well for resizing from your image.
rradenheimer

Post by rradenheimer »

Off of 75. you would take 73E. Take a Right on Sharts Dr (first road on your right off the highway). Next right Commercial Way.

The floor plan says 45 Commercial Way.
Last edited by rradenheimer on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

That's less than five minutes from my house. Btw you mean Sharts Drive. They are building a new thorntons there as well. Where northerns Sunoco sat vacant after a land dispute for what ten years.

Eta: scary, I can see my block on that map!!
Last edited by TJW815 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ohiorobp

Post by ohiorobp »

Hey brother! Nice meeting you today. Next time stick around some more and we can talk shop more. LOL
We are beyond thrilled about the shop/range. As you are probably aware from talking with Jeff we break ground here in the 1st or 2nd week in March and will have our Grand Opening during the 4th quarter of this year. The pictures don't do the range true justice. LOL it's going to be huge. We will have multiple membership tiers as well as walk up shooting. We will have a food court/cafe for food and beverages. We will also have a very large member room to relax in with tvs on the walls, couches, pool table and reading area. With this new range/shop come all the normal training we offer but we will be doing it all week long not just limited to one day a week. We also will have an indoor 3d archery range and spot target range. We will be holding weekly money shoots and league shoots. We will have all the latest IBO targets and more....oh add in a platform or two to add to the shooting.

Here soon in the near future I will be listing all the classes we will be offering. I will also use this thread to keep all updated to the latest news about the range. All of our instructor spots and RSO spots are full but I will post any opening we will have on this thread also. Go big or go home! We went big. LOL God bless

Edit to add that I left out the classrooms and simulators also.
Rob
Last edited by ohiorobp on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fly high in the heavens baby girl, I will see you again one day!
Gracie 2004-2012
NRA member, Army Veteran, LEO for a bit lol, OATH KEEPER, former RSO and INSTRUCTOR....I'm really not that old LOL
Former owner and blogger of thesheepdoglife
ohiorobp

Post by ohiorobp »

The city is very excited to have us!! As we are equally excited to be there!
Gracie 2004-2012
NRA member, Army Veteran, LEO for a bit lol, OATH KEEPER, former RSO and INSTRUCTOR....I'm really not that old LOL
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

ohiorobp wrote:The city is very excited to have us!! As we are equally excited to be there!
Is it Franklin or springboro, because it is right on the line, there is also a small section of Franklin township out there.
ohiorobp

Post by ohiorobp »

TJW815 wrote:
ohiorobp wrote:The city is very excited to have us!! As we are equally excited to be there!
Is it Franklin or springboro, because it is right on the line, there is also a small section of Franklin township out there.
It is Springboro. We just had another meeting with them about our lighting plan. Because its going to be visable from the highway. Got that all finalized and done :) :)
Gracie 2004-2012
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

It won't bother the residents or anyone around here. Aside from a select group of liberal gun grabbing ninnies that have taken up in Franklin and Springboro.

What length ranges you looking at and cal restrictions?
ohiorobp

Post by ohiorobp »

Gracie 2004-2012
ohiorobp

Post by ohiorobp »

TJW815 wrote:It won't bother the residents or anyone around here. Aside from a select group of liberal gun grabbing ninnies that have taken up in Franklin and Springboro.

What length ranges you looking at and cal restrictions?
25 yards(75 feet) and .308 :) The archery range will be 20 yards.
Gracie 2004-2012
rainmaker
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rainmaker »

Thanks ! Way cool ! There's a bunch of folks that will be looking forward to November. Best of luck to you guys.
Steve
NRA member (long, long time)
NMLRA member (even longer)
OFCC member, BFA member
ohiorobp

Post by ohiorobp »

rainmaker wrote:Thanks ! Way cool ! There's a bunch of folks that will be looking forward to November. Best of luck to you guys.
Thank you very much. It is our absolute goal to please all!
Gracie 2004-2012
Cmazzac

Post by Cmazzac »

TJW815 wrote:That's less than five minutes from my house. Btw you mean Sharts Drive. They are building a new thorntons there as well. Where northerns Sunoco sat vacant after a land dispute for what ten years.

Eta: scary, I can see my block on that map!!
Mine as well, now I just pray there's ammunition still available to shoot my guns..... :?