New Member....

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

church4629

New Member....

Post by church4629 »

Been throwing around the idea of getting a CCW...had one when i lived in Michigan...but just a target/hunting carry....
didn't really think I needed one...being I can handle my own very well...with my background in martial arts...but with the amount of dope freaks running around now a days and people doing crazy stuff to get their "high" on...and my family I'm not wanting to take any chances with that chance of two many to handle and somebody getting through me to my family....owned several 45's, 9mm, 380's and now looking at purchasing a SD40 for carry.... had a Taurus 45 till last year...but started thinking smaller for carry, so i sold that...stopped and felt up a SD last weekend at the base...blacked out, nice feel...want to shoot one this weekend,then buy one next week....have a CCW class right down the street from my house for $75.....my buddy said to check out the "shield in the 40" also...smaller, but for my big hands I wonder...SD felt very nice...just add some tractiongrips...
gilly32
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: New Member....

Post by gilly32 »

Welcome!
"The right to keep and bear arms is rooted in both self-defense and insurance against government’s propensity toward tyranny. The right pre-existed the Constitution. Thus, the Second Amendment is not its source. The right to keep and bear arms is natural and inalienable; the Second Amendment protects it, and Congress has no legitimate power to restrict it." - Senator John Cornyn (R., Tex.), as reported in the National Review on July 4, 2016

Burma Shave
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Welcome to OFCC!
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

Welcome to the forum.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
stolenphot0

Post by stolenphot0 »

Welcome, I'm new here myself
SigMan

Post by SigMan »

Welcome to the forum. No matter how good you can "handle your own" it's no match for a armed thug. Carrying equals the playing field a bit and it's your right.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure. - THOMAS JEFFERSON, letter to William Stephens Smith, November 13, 1787.

You can have Freedom or Free things but not both, choose one!
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

welcome to ofcc
Black Rifles Matter
MrKitty

Post by MrKitty »

Welcome to the OFCC Forums! A cornucopia of information. :D
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine
Amrad37

Post by Amrad37 »

Glad to see so many from the Dayton area. My wife and I took the class back in May. I was at the Sheriffs office the following Monday, my wife has put it off for awhile but she finally decided to get'er done. We are headed to the sheriffs office tomorrow(yea)! Welcome to the forum.
People who matter are most aware that everyone else does too. - Malcolm S. Forbes
NRA Life Member
Amateur Radio N8PUU
church4629

Post by church4629 »

Thanks for all the welcomes.... Very nice to be part of this group...
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Welcome.

Big hands? Consider the M&P series - interchangeable backstraps that accommodate a wide variety of hand sizes.

$75 for a CHL class? Just make sure they're not shorting you in any way. There have been a few that were taking shortcuts. Ten hours classroom and two on the range is the state standard. $75 is certainly doable and I'm not saying that less expensive necessarily equates to cheap. But let "caveat emptor" be your guide...
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
stolenphot0

Post by stolenphot0 »

I took my class a few weeks back for $90 at a local range. Not sure if we are allowed to say where, but I avoided the places that made us get a pass to Spring Valley to qualify. I preferred to have it all in one place. YMMV
CDMAGS

Post by CDMAGS »

Welcome!
NRA Benefactor Member
OFCC Patron Member
church4629

Post by church4629 »

Well, I finely did it... got my Training done last weekend and got my certificate.... update on the pistol... I ended up buying a M&P 40C and man o man does that make a better shooter out of me... very nice handgun... Love it... now I got to take my certificate into a county connected to Montgomery County over here in Dayton... anybody tell me what county seems to be the best to submit at... heard they are all pretty fast now... going to fill out the NH paperwork down the road too to get those other states covered... actually looking at buying another 40 ...down the road here... maybe another M&P 40 fullsize... love the fact I can use full size 40 (15 rd) clips in my compact now...16 rounds in a compact... :lol: