Multiple Shooting victims at AL Bar

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Multiple Shooting victims at AL Bar

Post by Bruenor »

Not much info yet as to who the shooter was or his motives.. guess they are still looking for the loser.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/17/justice/a ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The shooting occurred about 12:30 a.m. at the Copper Top Bar, Tuscaloosa police Sgt. Brent Blankley said. He would not confirm how many people were injured or their conditions.

CNN affiliate WVTM, citing officials at DCH Hospital, reported that 17 people were shot. Of those, one was in critical condition, and three were in serious condition, the station said.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Multiple Shooting victims at AL Bar

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I wonder what AL law is for CC in bars ? Shooter fired a lot of unanswered rounds...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Another article says 17 hurt, none killed. However, from the local news article....

17 people hurt in Tuscaloosa, Ala., bar shooting
The gunman fired first through a window, then shot at people outside as they fled the bar, Tuscaloosa Police Chief Steve Anderson told The Associated Press.
He said the shooter, who has not been identified, never went inside during the assault early Tuesday.
"He was standing outside. He fired all of his shots from outside," Anderson said.
They must not allow guns in bars or there was a CPZ sign on the door. At least he didn't violate those laws. See, some laws do work. :lol:
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

JediSkipdogg wrote:They must not allow guns in bars or there was a CPZ sign on the door. At least he didn't violate those laws. See, some laws do work. :lol:
Alabama allows guns in bars, so maybe he didn't go in because he was afraid someone would shoot back. It *is* Alabama, after all. :wink:
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

80 to 90 people in the bar and no one with a means of self defense.....

"Assault style weapon was used...."
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

carmen fovozzo wrote:80 to 90 people in the bar and no one with a means of self defense.....

Well, Ohio has maybe 300k CHL holders and a population of 11.5 million. I would venture to say less than half of those carry on a daily basis. So, you have a 1.25% chance of being by a CHL where-ever you go. That's only a 1 in 80 chance. Not sure what AL numbers are like.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
ppfd

Post by ppfd »

carmen fovozzo wrote:80 to 90 people in the bar and no one with a means of self defense.....

Of course not, nothing bad can happen here! :D

I as usual subjected myself to the comments on the news page carrying the story.

The general public really are stupid.

People complaining about states that allow guns in bars. This has nothing to do with legal carry.
That guy could have cared less about the law.

The general public would rather lay down and die, rather than attempt to protect themselves.
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

JediSkipdogg wrote:

Well, Ohio has maybe 300k CHL holders and a population of 11.5 million. I would venture to say less than half of those carry on a daily basis. So, you have a 1.25% chance of being by a CHL where-ever you go. That's only a 1 in 80 chance. Not sure what AL numbers are like.
And MOST people go into a bar to drink a beer or two, so the numbers of potentially armed citizens in a bar drops even more.
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

The "laws" are accomplishing what they were/are intended to do: strictly regulate self-defense by those LACs who abide by the "law", and protect those who don't abide from deadly force by the LACs. :?