Encounter - bad, really bad

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

cptmack

Encounter - bad, really bad

Post by cptmack »

Hello everyone. Been awhile since I've posted. I guess the good news is concealed carry seems to have gotten "normal." There just don't seem to be as many exciting issues anymore.

I am representing someone in a failure to notify case. It is an ongoing legal case, so I dont want to post too much here right now. I watched the video today, and it verified an almost unbelievable story my client told me. To make this real brief - my client was stopped. Tried to notify, but was told by one officer to shut up. Another officer came to the driver's side door, and again my client tried to notify. You can hear him in the video say "I've got . . ." before he his cut off with a profanity laced tirade, and demand for his driver's license. My clent hands the officer his license, tries to notify again while holding his CHL in his hand. The officer says "What? What are you waving around that you want me to see?" He takes it, looks at it, while my client says "I'm trying to tell you . . ." The officer asks, "do you have a gun? My guy says "Yes" and then is pushed against his vehicle while the officer takes the gun from my client's waistband holster. The total time from the officer approaching the car door to being told he has a gun was 55 seconds.

It gets worse from there. The officer tells my guy that "I should blast you right in the mouth." "I'm close to caving in your head." "You are a stupid human being." "How would you like it if I pull mine and stick it to your head." When speaking to another officer, he says "I hate these expletive deleted - Jake with their gd permits." And, again, later tells my client "I should have taken 2 steps back, put 10 rounds in your expletive deleted - Jake, and left you lying there. I should have executed you, and I'd go home and sleep good tonight."

Internal affairs was notified. I am having a difficult time conveying the intensity involved. This was bad, really bad scene.

Sorry I can't say more right now. Be careful out there!!

Edit to add one more bit of information. My client was stopped in his motor vehicle at the time. He was in a no parking zone. This was not the result of a high speed chase or anything like that.
hkuspclem40

Re: Encounter - bad, really bad

Post by hkuspclem40 »

This IS bad. Thanks for sharing. Please keep us updated as the situation allows.
NRA Life Member
rDigital

Post by rDigital »

That is terrifying. I hope everything works out.
cptmack

Post by cptmack »

rDigital wrote:That is terrifying. I hope everything works out.
From someone who knows about these!!!
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

This is outrageous!

If any case supports the need to get rid of notification this is it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
dynamike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dynamike »

This has to be a joke. Seriously, you're making this up. Please, please say you are.
Mike

I am an engineering statistician, US Submarine Veteran, avid motorcyclist, and staunch supporter of Liberty.

Ohio Director Students for Concealed Carry
skyking

Post by skyking »

Assume you watched the cruiser video. Are these public record? If not, do they become public record once introduced as evidence in court?
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity
-- Robert A Heinlein
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

How does he keep his job if this is on video?

Is he that stupid that he doesn't realize he's on his own cruiser video?
Or was this captured via victim voice recorder?

This isn't about notification -- this is a helluva lot bigger than notification. :shock:
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

We should hold a walk, if this is true.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

wkdravenna wrote:We should hold a walk, if this is true.
Guessing the OP would like this case to be resolved before that would happen. I'm up for it at that time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
cptmack

Post by cptmack »

All true folks. The case is actually about a month old. I've been waiting to verify what I was told before posting anything, because I had a hard time believing it too. But, I watched it all. At the first pretrial, the prosecutor offered to dismiss all charges for a release of liability (promise they wouldnt be sued). I refused their offer. My guy is a mild-mannered 50 some year old man, not some younger mouthy stud.
dynamike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dynamike »

This will be very interesting to watch unfold. Thank you for sharing.
Mike

I am an engineering statistician, US Submarine Veteran, avid motorcyclist, and staunch supporter of Liberty.

charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

cptmack wrote:All true folks. The case is actually about a month old. I've been waiting to verify what I was told before posting anything, because I had a hard time believing it too. But, I watched it all. At the first pretrial, the prosecutor offered to dismiss all charges for a release of liability (promise they wouldnt be sued). I refused their offer. My guy is a mild-mannered 50 some year old man, not some younger mouthy stud.
This is a typical tactic. Based on your reports, this sounds like something OFCC would want to follow up on.

PM me if you like. I'll be in eastern Ohio this weekend.
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
dynamike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dynamike »

charben wrote:This is a typical tactic. Based on your reports, this sounds like something OFCC would want to follow up on.

PM me if you like. I'll be in eastern Ohio this weekend.
What is the goal of this typical tactic?
Mike

pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Can you divulge the PD involved or at least the general vicinity?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB