OhioCCW Forums Changes

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: OhioCCW Forums Changes

Post by sodbuster95 »

Rhino wrote:
pleasantguywhopacks wrote:Sure you do, you get an email when they want you to show up for something important or call your legislators for something important or complain to the bank when the OFCC bank gets posted... :wink:
No, I don't. All I get from OFCC are notifications of new PMs in my Inbox. At least, that's all I remember getting and that's all I can find in my email program. Maybe I have something set wrong somewhere.
Did you subscribe to the Gun Owner Alerts?

http://ohioccw.org/ohio-gun-owner-alerts.html

There's supposed to be a newsletter, as well, but Jeff mentioned earlier that it hasn't been published in a while.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Rhino wrote:
pleasantguywhopacks wrote:Sure you do, you get an email when they want you to show up for something important or call your legislators for something important or complain to the bank when the OFCC bank gets posted... :wink:
No, I don't. All I get from OFCC are notifications of new PMs in my Inbox. At least, that's all I remember getting and that's all I can find in my email program. Maybe I have something set wrong somewhere.
If that is what you want, go here http://ohioccw.org/ohio-gun-owner-alerts.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but that really wasn't my point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

sodbuster95 wrote:Did you subscribe to the Gun Owner Alerts?
I do now. Thanks.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws
gilly32
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gilly32 »

jabeatty wrote:
jgarvas wrote:Maybe to the fraction of our membership who use the forums, that might be true, because they only see the forums.
jgarvas wrote:I'm sorry if you feel that the forums are operated at the whim of .01% of the membership that happens to use them, but that isn't the case and likely never will be.
Jeff, that math just doesn't work. Can you correct that percentage before the conversation goes further?
How many paid members of OFCC are there?
"The right to keep and bear arms is rooted in both self-defense and insurance against government’s propensity toward tyranny. The right pre-existed the Constitution. Thus, the Second Amendment is not its source. The right to keep and bear arms is natural and inalienable; the Second Amendment protects it, and Congress has no legitimate power to restrict it." - Senator John Cornyn (R., Tex.), as reported in the National Review on July 4, 2016

Burma Shave
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

.......BIG SECRET....... :|
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
dsk
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by dsk »

Many organizations do not reveal that information any more than they would release a list of who is a paid member. Not no way, not no how. When the press or a politician asks, we say "a great many". Or "enough to cost you your job", depending upon the circumstance. 8)
Pay your dues.
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

gilly32 wrote:
jabeatty wrote:
jgarvas wrote:Maybe to the fraction of our membership who use the forums, that might be true, because they only see the forums.
jgarvas wrote:I'm sorry if you feel that the forums are operated at the whim of .01% of the membership that happens to use them, but that isn't the case and likely never will be.
Jeff, that math just doesn't work. Can you correct that percentage before the conversation goes further?
How many paid members of OFCC are there?

Apparently its about 99.99% that never visit here and hate politics other than guns and hate non sanctioned OC events and or don't read forums and or can't read or can read but can't make up their own minds or are easily offended or take your pick mix n match...

I hope that helps clears things up. :?
Last edited by pleasantguywhopacks on Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

gilly32 wrote:How many paid members of OFCC are there?
I don't know.

I do know that greater than .01% of OFCC's membership participates here.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

jabeatty wrote:
gilly32 wrote:How many paid members of OFCC are there?
I don't know.

I do know that greater than .01% of OFCC's membership participates here.
I would hope so otherwise that means that OFCC has 6 million members, at $25 a member, they would be bringing in $150 million a year. At that rate they could buy the votes for restaurant carry.

I do think it would be nice to know total membership totals as something members can look at each year and see us growing.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
dsk
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by dsk »

That information will not be made public, so it's academic, but I think it's a wise position for OFCC to decline to publicize that information.

Whether a number seems large or small is purely a matter of perspective, isn't it? I can make any reasonable number seem small in comparison to another number. Membership rolls can easily be used to belittle an organization. Even the NRA has a minority position in that game.

A MILLION MOMS marched on DC. Was it a million? Depends upon who you ask, but it was a lot more than went to the SAM, wasn't it? Heck, there were probably more people at the Jon Stewart Rally than went to SAM. But I wouldn't encourage anybody to measure the comparative strength of those groups based upon body count at any one moment in time, or in any one place. We don't argue we're right or that our views should prevail because we have a certain critical mass of members. We're just right. One riot, one Ranger.
Pay your dues.
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

JediSkipdogg wrote:I would hope so otherwise that means that OFCC has 6 million members, at $25 a member, they would be bringing in $150 million a year. At that rate they could buy the votes for restaurant carry.
Or buy the restaurants.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

dsk wrote:That information will not be made public, so it's academic, but I think it's a wise position for OFCC to decline to publicize that information.

Whether a number seems large or small is purely a matter of perspective, isn't it? I can make any reasonable number seem small in comparison to another number. Membership rolls can easily be used to belittle an organization. Even the NRA has a minority position in that game.
I think it is someone relevant. The number may not be. But the fact that it's been mentioned that this organization would exist and have the name that it does without the forum I disagree with. The forum promotes the organization and gives a reason for people to stay and support the organization. If you want to prove us otherwise, then give us an accurate percent. How many active paying members are on the forum vs not?
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

The Forum IS the most active part of OFCC!
Have you been to the Main Site lately? See much new?
I seldom visit it because there rarely anything new to see.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

Cruiser wrote:The Forum IS the most active part of OFCC!
I suppose that depends on your definition of "active." If you are talking about flow of information, you are probably true. If you are talking about work for "the cause" going on, you are not even close.
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

charben wrote:
Cruiser wrote:The Forum IS the most active part of OFCC!
I suppose that depends on your definition of "active." If you are talking about flow of information, you are probably true. If you are talking about work for "the cause" going on, you are not even close.
Chris, I have to agree with Cruiser's point. After all, it is kinda tough for mere members/forumites to see things that are going on "behind the scenes", no? Sometimes, at both places, no updates on certain items are passed along for many weeks, or months.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.