NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

andrew

Re: NEW MEMBERS - Introduce yourself here

Post by andrew »

Got my CHL about a month ago, and have been checking out and reading this site for about the same amount of time. So many laws. Just registered here the other day. Finally carried concealed IWB in public today. Two cover garments. While at Menards, one of my favorites, was a bit afraid of people literally bumping into me. Standing in the isle looking at hinges and such with people walking past and/or stopping to look at stuff on the other side of the same isle. Bending to check out stuff on the low shelves and knowing that the butt might be printing. Reaching for stuff on the higher racks, all was a little bit different today. It was thankfully noneventful, and ya'll say it gets easier which I surely believe. At the end of the day it was a tad odd to unholster and put it away.
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

Pretty soon it Will be tad odd not to have it on you.
"Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."
bdog11

Post by bdog11 »

I have been to this site almost daily over the past couple of months researching the possibility of getting my ccw.I took the course last weekend with an excellent instructor and applied for the permit this morning.This site helped me make up my mind.....Thanks
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Hello all,
I joined the OFCC, and the OFCC forums around a month ago. Have gotten a lot of good info here. Its good to know there's a place that if you have a question you can ask it and get a good answer, or at least be directed to someplace where you can get the answer you need. I live in a Suburb of Cleveland and work nights as a Truck Driver. I just got my CHL in January and have only been a handgun owner for a couple of years now, even though I have shot and owned long guns for as long as I can remember. Love to hunt, camp, and fish, and I'm looking forward to attending some of the OFCC events in the future. Thanks for all the help and support.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

.BD,DJ, welcome to the house of many faces. Some good looking and some not. Mostly not. :)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

jmorman wrote:
jabeatty wrote:
jmorman wrote:BTW, I have two businesses which are not CPZ's.
Details, please. :)
I own two funeral homes. Yes, go ahead with your jokes. :) Honestly, though, we have had police stake out our place before looking for a guy on a felony assault warrant that they got a tip would be a pallbearer. I also had one other situation where I had to have an officer hang out for a bit.

Last fall a minister came up and thanked me for not having gunbuster signs up and told me that he had his CHL. Got me thinking that I need to get mine. Slowly trying to get wifey ok with the idea of me carrying.
PAALEEEZE Don't tell me you're afraid of ZOMBIES!!!!!

(Someone had to say it :oops: :oops: )
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
jmorman

Post by jmorman »

AlanM wrote: PAALEEEZE Don't tell me you're afraid of ZOMBIES!!!!!

(Someone had to say it :oops: :oops: )
Well.....here is a picture of me. Does that answer your question? :P (Thats not really me.)
Attachments
zombies.jpg
zombies.jpg (26.1 KiB) Viewed 347 times
Common sense is not common.
tjeffries

Post by tjeffries »

Now that's what I call a bayonet :shock:
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive?"-- Alexander Solzhenitzyn, Gulag Archipelago

To paraphrase George Santayana, those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

http://www.barefootsworld.net/tripwire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

AlanM wrote:PAALEEEZE Don't tell me you're afraid of ZOMBIES!!!!!
Zombies explained...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Maria

Post by Maria »

The time has come, the lurker said, to learn of many things.
Of guns and ammo, CHLs, or AR-15 bling,
Why the brass gets so darn hot, and whether pork has strings.

I've been lurking here for the last year or so, and finally got my own e-mail and login. I've had a CHL since July, 2008 and carry a Ruger SP101. I've already posted occasionally, under the my husband (Nemonis)'s name, like here: http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23877. I'm a stay-at-home mom with two small children and another on the way. I was raised with a complete distaste for firearms, but was converted when I married an Alaskan and started a family. Something of the MamaBear nature came to the forefront then, with practical self-defense and defense of this little ball of fuzz logically following.

I look forward to participating here. It's a good crowd, with a healthy sense of pun— er, fun. Yeah, fun.

~Maria J.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."--G.K. Chesterton
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Hi Maria, WELCOME.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

...............Welcome. Never mess with a MAMA BEAR, NEVER. :wink:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
LibertyFarmer

Post by LibertyFarmer »

I'm Joe and was born and raised in north central Ohio in a gun-owning and hunting family. I'm now married for 15 years with three kids - 12, 10, and 6. We live on a small farm in Morrow County and raise sheep and chickens with some calves joining the fray this spring. I also operate a small machine shop with my dad (no we don't do gunsmithing but it would be a good trade to learn). My wife, Jennifer, is a home-schooling mom.

I resisted the idea of a CHL for a long time because I didn't think I needed the government's permission to exercise my 2nd amendment rights. Lately, after doing some reading, including much on this site, Jennifer and I took our training and applied for CHLs. I received mine the day after applying from Richland County. My better half is still waiting on the call from Morrow County (it's been a week).

I've joined OFCC and even bought a gun here on the forum recently :D Thanks for a great online meeting and learning place.
Joe
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams - Speech at the Philadelphia State House, August 1, 1776
color of law
*** Banned ***

Post by color of law »

Welcome Joe. It is quit obvious you have been reading a lot on this site. After all you you put in your location in your profile. Thanks.

Dad and Son Machine shop, family farm and home schooling - you did not pick the easy way out did you????
LibertyFarmer

Post by LibertyFarmer »

color of law wrote:Dad and Son Machine shop, family farm and home schooling - you did not pick the easy way out did you????
Not always easy, but worthwhile. My wife may disagree on some days when the kids are a handful.
Joe
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams - Speech at the Philadelphia State House, August 1, 1776